Anyone else think people are crazy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtmac, Oct 7, 2011.

1. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I read some of these posts about people need to use a debit card, split into two credit cards, get their friend or mom's account info, create a new line, get an early upgrade even though they just signed up - whatever it might be to get a new iPhone and preferably at subsidized pricing.

So much drama for a phone you probably shouldn't buy if you can't afford.

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

welcome to apple fanboydom.

3. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Yes. My wife thinks I'm crazy for waking up at 3am to preorder.

I think I must be crazy for staying up reading all these threads!

It makes me feel sane, however, reading about the contortions that some folks are going through!

Everyone take a deep breath!

4. burmguy macrumors regular

My wife loves the fact I got up early to order because she is getting one as well. And Im not sure what business it is of yours how and why they pay.

5. 1zach4 macrumors regular

I had my credit card declined twice while ordering my wife and I's phones, and then put it on a debit card.

That doesn't mean I can't afford the phones, it just means I had an anti-fraud protection in place that I did not know about, and I use the credit card for rewards points on every day purchases.

:)

6. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

I'm on a family plan with my mom/dad and we have an extra line that has gone unused for a year or so. It's there just in case we ever need a replacement for one of our other phones (particularly the case with my parents as they seem to go through phones quite often due to misuse). Anyway, even though I just got a Droid X last October and had a 3GS on AT&T, I wanted a 4S on Verizon and decided to transfer that line's eligibility to my own. I don't see a problem with this so long as I'm able to pay for any fees associated with doing this (including the cost of the phone itself).

Bottom line: If you can afford it and want the device that badly, go for it. In my case, I sold my 3GS and made more than enough from that to foot the bill for a 4S. Even if you can't afford it, it's nobody's business to tell you what to do.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

8. lilo777 macrumors 603

Yeap, all traits of a cult. You know what is the favorite web site of those people? cultofmac.com :D

9. drkeng macrumors newbie

what are you all gonna do when the iP 5/6 comes out next year and you're locked in for 20 months?

10. FrankieG889D macrumors member

I had the exact same problem! Ordered through AT&T at 3:30 am and got a text message about the fraud protection from Chase. I didn't think my order was cancelled though but I got an e-mail saying it was a few hours later.. Luckily I had a reservation through apple still that i couldn't complete until about noon.. Now I'm just hoping it comes early!!

Either way... money is no object when it comes to the iPhone!

11. 2010RS macrumors 6502

Sell it and buy the new one.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I have (5) iPhones and I'm the one that pays the bill each month! (I must be the crazy one!). Credit card company knows that my Apple purchases happen whenever there's a new Apple iPhone being released b/c I call them and remind them. I don't like to use the debit card online, but that's just me. I use one particular credit card for all my online purchases this way my credit card company knows when I call them and it's easier to keep track of the purchases...:cool:

13. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, I always think most people are crazy, however, it has nothing to do with their phone shopping habits!