Anyone else think the tactile vibration alerts too weak??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by camaroIOM, Apr 11, 2015.

1. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

For some reason I could barley feel the vibrations coming from the alerts when I had the demos on?? Anyone else think this. I asked if having a stronger setting and Apple guy didn't know

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

you mean through the demo? I never got that far. but the heartbeat (I mentioned it in my other post) is very stronger. (at least on the watch that was fixed on the demo table I was one)

3. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

You wouldn't want them too strong anyway, just a subtle vibration should be all that's required.

4. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

I could barely feel it...

Hopefully there is a setting to increase the sensation.

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Apparently there is a setting to make the sensation more pronounced.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

You mean the "Prominent Haptic" setting that does a kind of haptic pre-alert by buzzing the heck out of you, and THEN giving the more subtle vibrations?

The Verge commented that "It’s the haptic equivalent of having an assistant blow a reggaeton horn before discreetly handing you a note in a meeting."

Remember that the "Taptic" feedback is actually that: it's a normal linear actuator (back and forth, not the rotating kind) like those used in many phones, but with an extension rod that actually taps the side of the "Taptic Engine" module mounted inside the watch case.

Of course, for the tapping from the Engine case to transmit to the Watch case, you'll need an assembly method/position that allows that transmission to occur.

One reviewer said that he couldn't feel them either, so Apple gave him another Watch that worked better.

This indicates to me that the feedback amplitude might well partially depend on the build of each Watch. I.e. how it was glued together or otherwise assembled.

7. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

Agreed.

I have a feeling it depends on how tight the watch is, I felt it with some bands but not others.