Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Despite the great processor and huge amount of ram, I'm looking into this for a content creation device. I would really like to get into digital drawing/painting. I know a Cintinq (22HD)would be better but it's too expensive and not portable enough for me. 3G radio for making calls/placing texts is a huge plus.

I'm thinking of pre ordering at Negri Electronics for 750

The only bummer is that I have an IPad 3 and love the screen. I just feel I can do more with the Note with full stylus integration.

Last edited:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I'm a current Android phone user and I gotta say...the tablet experience on iPad can't be beat right now. Android is currently not a platform for drawing or reading, and the apps there are just not even close to iPad's tablet apps.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The Note looks nice with a quad core CPU and 2GB of RAM, but like Calidude said, the iPad offer the best tablet experience right now and when the iPad mini comes out, it'll only dominate the market further.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I don't know where you're getting your information, but this tablet is definitely not a quad core nor does it have 2GB of RAM. In fact it's hardly any better than my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus which came out last November. The only thing it has going for it is a higher resolution display[although a lower PPI due to my tablet having a smaller screen] and slightly higher clocked cores. It does feature the S-pen while mine does not, though.

It has the eynos quad core from the s3 and 2gb of ram. Not sure why you think it doesn't.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I'm not going to be made a fool of so I'll link to the website that gave me the false information.

http://www.theverge.com/products/galaxy-note-10-1-3g/5247

It's not a big deal. Samsung shelved that version of the Note and produced a spec bumped version that's coming out soon. That's why it's been delayed for so long.

I agree that the tablet experience and apps on the iPad can't be beat. For content creation and writing, the Note seems more ideal for me. If an IPad mini is coming out I'll easily get it and the the Note 10.1

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Nope, no intentions of leaving the iOS ecosphere at all; it's the cream of the crop and all others are just knock-off wannabees.

I especially would NEVER go SAMSUNG, since they do nothing but copy of Apple.

Giving dollars in support of Samsung is rewarding their bad monkey-see/monkey-do behavior.

NEVER.

kdarling

macrumors P6

That seems to be a particularly odd comment in light of how different this tablet is from the iPad.

Active WACOM pen and sensors. Multi-windows onscreen. Built-in equation, drawing and handwriting recognition.

What part of those are copied from Apple?

If anything, now I think we'll see more cases of Apple following Samsung's lead for a while, with 7" tablets and hopefully even a pen option sooner or later.

I think this will shift back and forth between them as time goes on.

hot spare

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2011
Nope, no intentions of leaving the iOS ecosphere at all; it's the cream of the crop and all others are just knock-off wannabees.

Giving dollars in support of Samsung is rewarding their bad monkey-see/monkey-do behavior.

NEVER.

You added a lot to the discussion.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Well I put in my order for one and it should ship today. Hopefully I'll get to test it out this weekend. If it's a keeper my Ipad 3 goes up on Craigslist. To me Samsung is heading in the right direction for tablet computing and productivity. I hope Apple follow suit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.