Anyone else thinking about getting the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brettuk, Mar 7, 2012.

1. brettuk macrumors member

Hi All,

Was just wondering how many of you were in the same boat as me. I own an iPhone 4 (which I'll upgrade to the iPhone 5/6 this year), and a 2010 Macbook Pro.

I'd like an iPad to surf the web in bed and the like, but I by no means NEED an iPad, and spending £399 on something which is a nice to have, but what I don't need is too much, especially when I know i'll be forking out £500 for an iPhone later this year. iPhone is more worth a brand new spanking model to me, as I use it most hours of every day for TomTom, web surfing, wikipedia reading, phonecalls, facetime, messaging, texting and email - and I find the iPhone 4 struggles with the amount of use I give it, using TomTom for directions while listening to music and controlling what's playing via voice control, soon makes it slow as a snail, but anyway I digress!

So I'm curious about how much the iPad 2 is going to cost in the UK (currently no way of telling as the UK store is still down), and how much the iPad 2 Refurbished will cost too. If it's around £200-250, I'll be tempted to order one as that's a price I'm more happy paying for something that I'm not sure exactly how i'll use it until I get it. Sure the retina display is nice, but my MBP doesn't have a retina display and that doesn't exactly bother me, sure the better cameras are nice, but I don't think it's going to replace my iPhone as my camera regardless, and LTE? well I'd probably get the Wi-Fi model anyway, and LTE is currently useless in the UK.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55