Anyone else tired of seeing iPhone commercials?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaptainCaveMann, Jan 12, 2008.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I'm so sick of seeing iPhone commercials, i get it, it's an awesome phone. But it's only on At&t!!!!!!! I would buy one if other carriers offered it. Thats like coming out with a really awesome Apple laptop then saying, the minimum age to purchase is 65. Come on Apple, your only tapping a portion of the market, try putting in your commercials, ONLY AVAILABLE ON AT&T! :rolleyes:

2. calvy macrumors 65816

No, not at all. I get a little teary eyed each time I see one.

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I wouldn't mind more Touch commercials. I know people who own iPods and use Macs and still don't know the Touch exists.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I'm tired of them until summer comes. Thats when i can re open my sweet apartment style room in the garage and set my HDTV back up. Everything seems so much better in HD, not sure why, but i always love to see the Apple commercials, they are great.

7. Puck. macrumors member

Puck.

Truer words have never been spoken.

8. mikelliott macrumors member

9. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

They are not going to put something like "Only available on AT&T" because it will drive people away from their product immediately. If they can just spark a little bit of interest in their product in the ad, and let the viewer research it more, then they will have a better chance of selling it to a person that will have to switch than if they were to put this in the ad in the first place. It is advertising basics, don't put anything in your ad that may drive somebody away from your product.

10. docprego macrumors 65816

As ridiculous as it may seem to you, I actually feel pride when I see ANY Apple commercial. I feel like I am part of something great, like I get it and other people using other devices simply don't.

11. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I take it someone didnt get one for christmas like they asked Santa for. Add another vote for watch less TV.

12. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah i see it all the time and i don't even watch that much TV and i even see them in almost every movie theatre. It was kinda weird cos everyone around me would be like "Look its daneoni's phone"

Awkward

13. aridon macrumors member

14. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

So... What's a iPhone commercial like?
    Is it like the iPod Touch one? but for a mobile?
    Sorry never seen one.... we don't have iPhone yet.

Though i do like my White D905i :D

15. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

No because the more people that have or buy iPhone, the louder the community voice will be for Apple to keep improving it.

Plus, they are cool to watch :)

16. Gonzlobo Suspended

I probably stopped paying attention when apple aired that *stupid* airline pilot ad. I was embarrassed for apple on that one. That, and I tivo past every commercial.

17. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Enjoy it so much I have the music as a ringtone. I actually like it more since I got the phone. Actually, as a photographer I like the Sprint commercials visually better ;)

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Basically. :)

I don't watch TV and the TV shows I do see I see via DVDs rented. So, yeah, I really haven't seen an iPhone commercial except for one of the first ones that was featured on MR. :D

19. Jestered macrumors 6502

apparently you have not seen enough of them because it says at the end, "Available only on the new AT&T".

20. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Now that I think about it, I do seem to remember something like that.

21. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

It just seems to me the commercials are somewhat misleading. They may very well say only available on the new at&t or whatever, but they dont stress it. And for that i get annoyed. I just think the whole idea of a cell phone maker advertising their phone is redundant, because you cant use their phone without the service. Anyway, I love the Sprint commercials, both visually and because you clearly know whatever phone you see on there is for Sprint. So immediately it's you either watch it or block it out, I can have that or I cant type thing.

Think of it like this: It'd be like a tire company putting ads up everywhere you see for a certain set of tires. But what they don't really tell you is that those tires are only for Ferraris. Doesnt it seem a little pointless to plaster ads for those particular tires EVERYWHERE, when only a small portion of people actually would use or buy them?

I think it's great Apple is pushing their iphone so much, but I think it would be better if they were MORE up front about it ONLY being available on At&t.

22. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yeah...

We get it, you're bitter. Suck it up, watch less TV or switch carriers.

23. wrboyce macrumors 6502