anyone else torn on what to order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sparkie1984, May 2, 2015.

1. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

Hi all,

I am genuinely torn on what watch to order.

I have a watch sport on order, however I went to see them at the apple store today and must admit I think the SS looks a bit smarter.

Thing is i work in the construction industry and am thinking perhaps the aluminium will stand up better against rough environments? plus I feel its a waste to have a posh strap in my line of work.

Sometimes I wish I did something different so I could actually use a phone caseless and wear a really nice watch

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I would get the aluminum if ur planning to use it daily at work. Just save the extra money. But if ur planning to use the watch for special occasions like going outside etc, then the steel is definitely more eye candy. What's the problem of you wearing the steel at work? Should be alright. Either way would work.

3. GReeeeN macrumors newbie

Get the SS, you wou regret it. I was in the exact same situation and went with the sport SG, and ordered some leather bands online to dress it up. In store I thought the same as you, the SS looks a little better, but the sport still looks nice and sleek. I even went to 3 try on appointments because I couldn't decide.

After receiving the sport and using it for 2 days, I regretted my decision, it does look more like a sports watch/ gadget over an actual watch, and the glass and Aliminium body will get banged up over time. The sapphire is a massive advantage over the glass and the SS body can be dressed both up and down AND it looks like a watch.

I ended up selling my sports within 2 days of receiving it, made a profit, and ordered a SS WSB which should be arriving tomorrow.