Anyone else unable to respond to emails from the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Every time I go to reply to an email, it immediately rejects it saying "unable to send message". Don't think it's worked in a long time either.

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Wtf could be wrong with my watch then. This is on 3.1.3 beta bugs happened since the first watchOS 3 I think. Refuses to send emails. Is there a setting I'm missing?

4. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Not sure. I'm new to the Apple Watch and don't really have any idea. Could be a number of things involved. I didn't mess with my email in any way. It just worked. My email on my iPhone is my gmail account. I used that to send myself a test message and responded back to it using the watch.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

It magically works now that I changed the email settings to "mirror iPhone" but can't imagine that should effect it.

6. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Happened to me again today. I hit resend and it finally went through. Wonder if cellular connection has anything to do with it. I was in a bad connection area both times, but iMessages worked without issue consistently.

7. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

I had the same issue until I stopped using Exchange for my Google Apps account.

Frustrating to lose push, but more frustrating to not be able to use my watch for email.

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Works for me, but I use Spark email app, which has its own built-in quick-reply function.