anyone else unhappy with the mr iPhone version?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by thechidz, May 26, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I dont really like the layout of the iPhone mobile edition of macrumors. I find it cumbersome and inefficient. Simple things like going to the recent posts search can be painful after subscribing to an interesting thread so I find myself just going to the regular mr site on my iPhone. Anyone else unhappy with mobile edition?

2. danny_w macrumors 601

Agreed. Although it uses less screen space, it just doesn't seem as easy to use or find things as the regular site. I also always use the regular mr site.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can use the regular site in an iPhone skin which works well, you change it right in the bottom left of any page.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not too keen on it either, think it needs a little redesign. Maybe with an iPhone/Web2.0 graphical update.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Thanks for that! I never realized it was there.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well the mobile version of MR is meant for mobile browsers, Safari on the iPhone isn't intended to be a mobile browser... but the skin that we do have for the iPhone's Safari works wonderful.