Well, I'm going back and forth on pulling the trigger next weekend for an iMac (just found out that my state offers a Tax Free weekend- not sure if the $150 savings will be worth it- I also get an 8% discount thanks to an EPP at work...so I could get a significantly lower price on a great iMac next week....but anyway....) I just updated my mid-2007 MacBook Pro from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I must say, it is definitely nicer than SL- but it's certainly still a bit laggy in areas. I thought it might help curb the wait, but I think it might have actually done the opposite- the new features (mind you, I don't even have multi-touch on my trackpad- so no 'swipe for notifications' for me...) are begging for a faster machine to run on. So, anyone else going to spend a final $20.00 on your old Mac to try and hold you over for the new iMacs? For what it's worth- it's a 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB Ram, and the 256MB graphics card (quite the beast of a machine when I bought it back in 2007).