anyone else using intel graphics all the time when on battery power?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neversaynever, May 22, 2010.

1. neversaynever macrumors member

neversaynever

Hi,

I wonder, is there anyone using it like that? better battery life, lesser heat, less noise and I'm getting more than adequate performance from this integrated thing. I was quite worried about its weakness but when on first hand experience this chip is pretty okay for most of things. am I wrong? I'm using four expose desktops now, at the first I have MSN, second I have adobe indesign, third I'm working with illustrator (copying and pasting vectors back and forward) and fourth I'm browsing the web. and no slowdown etc. I'm pretty impressed. (I use gfxtool to force always intel) Anybody like me?

2. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

I'm using most of the time too, and getting 6-7 hours out of my 15" i5 MBP, it runs cooler than with the nVidia GPU.

3. thebrick macrumors regular

thebrick

Same in my i7 w/ 7200RPM, HR-AG CTO

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Same...almost 8 hours last night with Intel forced...love that app! :D

5. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Ah thanks, I used that once. Didn't turn out to be fruitful for me since I use an external display and it demands the NVIDIA GPU.

7. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Yeah me too. No real use for the discrete graphics card when mobile. Looking forward to an update to gfxcard status where you can choose to use integrated when on battery. Or ideally, if I could just choose my own criteria for when to launch the discrete. Think I'd just use it with my external monitor or with games. Laptop works well for everything else.