Home Anyone else using Schlage Sense or another HomeKit locking device?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by dictoresno, Jun 22, 2016.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

If i mess with it in the Home app in control center or in the app itself, it says its not supported, but I'm able to get it to work once before it gives me an error stating it needs a firmware update (it doesn't).

I have an open bug report with apple and they want home kit logs done.

2. hussainh1 macrumors regular

I have the same issue with August Lock

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

4. hussainh1 macrumors regular

5. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I think the "Not Supported" really just means it's out of Bluetooth range at the moment. I have had it say that but disappear when in range of my August locks.

6. hussainh1 macrumors regular

I don't think it's out of range, but more than likely a bug on launch. It seems to work once you select the lock. Hopefully it'll get resolved in the upcoming beta.

7. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

Yeah, hopefully. Right now I'm having a few issues, including the app locking up and then seemingly erasing the whole HomeKit configuration. You can't access it and any other apps, and it claims there are no homes created. But then after restarting multiple times and waiting a while, the excess comes back eventually. Have you had this problem?

8. hussainh1 macrumors regular

The only problem I have was lock unsupported

9. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

It can connect via Bluetooth directly or to an Apple TV and uses it as a hub for controlling it remotely. So there is no out of range. I can be in another state and lock my front door, so long as my Apple TV is actively connected to my wifi and the lock is connected to it.

And I know it's working because the actual a schlage app locks/unlocks it just fine.

The issue lies within the home app itself. I'm able to mess with it and get it to recognize and operate the lock. But once I exit the menu, the home app claims it's not supported and won't work again until I go into the details menu for the lock. So it can connect, it's just flaky and reports not supported when it is.

10. bendrumin macrumors 6502

It's already in the bug list for beta 1.

11. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I have the Schlage sense. I assume it's just not ready yet. Coming soon!

12. bendrumin macrumors 6502

It works through Siri still. Just has hiccups within the home app itself. Most of my hue bulbs show as "not reachable" but still work via Siri and HomeKit scenes. It's beta 1.