Anyone else using the Apple TV aerial screen savers in macOS?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dictoresno, Jan 25, 2017.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Saw this posted somewhere on the internet. Followed the directions and everything installed correctly. Once the screen saver kicks in, about 6-10 seconds later, the screen saver turns off and the regular screen comes back on as if I pressed a key to wake it back up. What would cause this to happen?

https://github.com/JohnCoates/Aerial

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

You know, in the menu I found a "cache" menu that downloads them as they play it looks like. So I manually downloaded all of them, as per the progress indicators. So my guess is it indeed streamed them, played as far as it downloaded and cut off. I'll test today, as I think they are all downloaded and cached now.

I didn't even realize they were downloaded and cached. Thought they were all downloaded and played from the machine.

4. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

The issue you're describing did exist in a beta version a while ago & most people fixed it by caching all available screen savers. If it continues have a trawl through the issues listed here & see what you can come up with.

There is also some problems reported with it stopping after a few seconds when using more than one monitor, but that was also seemingly fixed by locally caching.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

I cached them all so I'll see what happens next time it kicks in. Thanks!!