Anyone else using the watch upside down?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Paulando, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Paulando macrumors newbie

Well, sort of. There are two orientation options - one to choose the hand, and one to choose which side you have the digital crown on (it needs to differentiate between these two as the arm-raising action is different depending on which arm you wear it on). I wear it on my left hand, but have switched the digital crown to the left side.

[​IMG]

I find it easier to press with my thumb as my first and middle fingers naturally steady the watch on the other side. When the crown was on the right it was only my thumb keeping it steady, so pressing it would make the watch turn anti-clockwise a little bit. It looks a little weird at first, but I've switched it back a few times and it just doesn't feel as good. The default way is also a bit fiddly to press if the watch is facing you head-on: you have to twist your right hand around quite a bit.

Scrolling is still fine with my thumb. The only downside is that the crown doesn't still out of my sleeve, and the contacts button is a little harder to reach, but I don't use that much anyway.

No doubt I'm a broken man. I don't deny it. I will live in shame. But this just feels better to me :D

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I wear it both upside down or the other way around depending how you look at it but on my right hand. I have always worn my watches on my left hand until now,even my Pebble but I find as I'm left handed I find it easier to interact with the watch when it's in this orientation on my right hand. Also as my left hand is my dominant hand I figure I'm less likely to knock the watch on anything as well if I wear it on my right hand. I'm still getting use to it and it still feels a bit strange though.