Anyone else w updated iOS on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHeartsteve, Feb 16, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Ever since I updated the iOS on my Verizon iPhone 4 , I feel like its moving more slowly. Everything takes ever so slightly longer to open etc. ?

Anyone else experience this? Thx! :D

2. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Its slow for you? now I'm not trying to advertise apple or anything but i feel they have made it faster.Have you tried restoring and then slowly moving your apps to your iPhone?

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Hard reset and that should help.

4. barryl85 macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 has slowed down with every iOS update since launch, i've had two different handsets and experienced the same problem. (its not unusable by any means, just notably slower from when it was brand new).

I also have 4 close friends with iPhone 4 handsets and they are all exact same.

I have hard reset, i've deleted a lot of data and apps that I dont use too, nothing works, just like the iP4's predecessors they end up slower with more advanced software and in reality it makes perfect sense even if its not welcome.

5. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

No it's def slower

----------

I did that after I backed it up on iTunes. Then ios update

----------

Yes I'm really pissed I even updated it after at all. It was working fine before :(

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There have been numerous users who have reported their 4 is slower after iOS update. The new OS is more CPU intensive so I can see where it might happen.

7. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I'd love to know what software update you are on. I'm on 5.0.1, jailbroken, and occasionally get a lag with something once in a while. If that happens, I shut the phone down, reboot, and I'm fine.

The 4 is meant to run iOS 5 with no issues. When it gets into 6 and higher, I suspect we'll see some slowdowns.

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Proof of this statement? There were actually a significant number of CPU reduction changes made in the last two updates.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Proof that these "reductions" were enough to offset the differences in CPU!:p

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not sure how problems with your jailbreak relate to stock software.

11. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I have no problems with my jailbreak. Just stating what my setup is, and I'm on 5.0.1 with little, if any issues

12. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

Mine is slightly slower, but it's not terrible.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It is slower. THis is especially apparent when compared to a 4s. It is what it is. Liveable, but given the choice between the two, especially side by side, I would pick the 4s; there is certainly a noticable difference.

14. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thanks for everyone's comments!

So you updated your iPhone 4 and notice that it's slower now?

15. Refnoredcard macrumors newbie

Noticeable on 4, big lag on 3GS

My wife noticed a slow down after updating to 5.0.1 on her 4, usually a 1 to 2 second delay between apps. It was much more noticeable (painful) on my 3GS...so much so I was exploring ways to back rev the 3GS. Fortunately, we just upgraded both to 4S on Verizon...it's nice to be able to actually use our cell phones again at home! Good by AT&T :)