Anyone Else Waiting for the Otterbox Defender Case for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sandock, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Sandock macrumors member

Otterbox just posted the Defender Case for the iPhone 3G:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases/iphone-3g-defender-case/

They haven't said when it will be available, though.

I am getting this one, even though it will not garner any wins in the aesthetic category. I may be silly, but I like it.

Anyone else plan on getting this one?

2. SecretNY macrumors member

3. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

I am actually waiting on this. I have the defender and armor case for my iTouch. Wonderfully designed, quality made! Honestly, I think it puts the Revo 2 and Fuze to shame. It's actually a better comparison to the Fuze due to the dual material double layer mumbo jumbo.

Yes, it's not minimalistic but it's great protection without excessive bulk.

I actually ordered the clipstand, another great inovation!

It's basically a belt clip that rotates all around, in addition to when opened completely it clicks in place acting as a stand. Ingenious!

As far as screen protection, this is one of the first that has a clear film that is attached to the case (patent pending) that works VERY WELL!

As far as Otterbox is concerned, not until the end of this month is the estimated date.

4. patd macrumors member

I emailed them yesterday about the colors they are going to have and this is what they emailed me today

Update for Case #20045 - "Colors"

Pat-

It looks like, right now, that the new 3G iPhone Defender case will come in three different colors. It will be in Black on Black, Black on Yellow, and White on White. Also, we are trying to have it available by the beginning of September, but that time could change depending on production. Please email me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a good day!
    Natasha Meggenberg