Anyone else waiting for the Otterbox Symmetry for the 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HotIce, Nov 8, 2014.

1. HotIce macrumors regular

Is anyone else waiting for the Otterbox Symmetry for the 6 Plus? Best Buy doesn't even have cases for the 6 Plus yet, and every retailer I try to find is sold out. Anyone have any luck? Any reviews of the case? I'm torn between the Symmetry and the Speck Candyshell Grip, which is also sold out.

2. dcharleyultra, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Anyone else waiting for the Otterbox Symmetry for the 6 Plus?

I got the Tech 21 for my 6 Plus a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy.

3. PrimeTimeMKTO, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

PrimeTimeMKTO macrumors regular

The black version is available to order from OtterBox's website. It will be a bit yet until best buy receives them. I ordered one last week and received it Friday. I really like the one piece design. I've used the Defender until the commuter was designed. This is my first symmetry. It is about the same size as the commuter but in one piece. I always had issues with the rubber piece in other models getting loose and it really bothered me. The front lip isn't as pronounced as their other models but still provides ample protection, I don't ever worry about the screens safety. I also like that the cutouts don't have covers. They always get sloppy and cumbersome. The black plastic material is a bit slippery on the back so it won't offer the grip that speck does. Overall I'm very happy with it. I've had two iPhones for two years each in Otter cases and they were in beautiful shape when I sold them. The speck interested me but this came out first, and it's easy to default to Otter after the success I've had with them.

4. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I have been an otterbox guy since my first iphone. I have had the. For my 4, 5, 5s, note 3 and 6 plus.

I have varied from the commuter, defender and symmetry. I have never had the issues others have had. Their actions with my cases have been excellent.

5. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I got the Symmetry on Friday. I've always used OB Defender or Armor in the past. When the Plus came out I went with a Spigen Tough Armor (since OB wasn't available) w/ Zagg Glass screen protector. Helped me get used to a thinner (but still protective) case. Between that and the problems I've heard of people having with their 6 Defenders I decided to skip the Defender this time around.

I don't know about this one. It looks nice and fits well. The hard plastic is a little slippery for my tastes. The curved sides does make it feel more comfortable to hold.

I really want an all black case (which is what this is). If Spigen made a Tough Armor without the logo cutout and a black kickstand I'd switch back in an instant. As it is now I'm debating which one I want to continue using.

6. HotIce thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I am worried about! I had the Defender on my 4S and and the rubber around it kept getting loose and it really annoyed me. I'm hoping this doesn't carry over to the Symmetry.

7. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

I was waiting for it, but after seeing it on my wife's 6 I don't really like it.

8. neile45 macrumors regular

my local BB had at least 4 different cases for the plus, including 2 different adopted cases.

9. HotIce thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, they have cases out, just not the Otterbox Symmetry.

10. jerparker1 macrumors member

jerparker1

Got mine Wednesday and love it so far! Ordered it from www.otterbox.com (free shipping). You can find 10% off coupon codes online.

11. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

There was a banner on their page for 15% off.. Might need to order one myself..