Anyone else waiting on Activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hambones, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Hambones macrumors member

2. hoopyfitz macrumors member

Yeah...were you told you would get an email when its done? me too

3. Hambones thread starter macrumors member

4. Hambones thread starter macrumors member

Does your phone say "No Service"..I thought my original had service even when not activated..

5. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Did you put your old sim card in, or activate using the included sim card?

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

That sucks. Activation took literally about 30 seconds at the AT&T store I got mine at.

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

8. Buckit macrumors member

Same here... but that was right when they first opened... was first one activated at my store. thats probably helped.

was an extremely painless and smooth process... A+++ to Apple for a great launch... hopefully these activation problems to get any worse. It was atleast a good start! :)

9. brucebilotti macrumors newbie

Same here. I was told I would get an email also. I did not swap sim cards with my old iPhone. Yes, it says no service.

10. gswilder macrumors regular

Probably Slow All Day

I upgraded one of my kids 2G to a new 3G last night night using home/iTunes activation. It probably took 2 hours for the voice to get activated. Then I still had to call ATT to get the data service reactivated.

Even after I got the email, it still showed No Service. I powered the iPhone off and back on. It did it's "searching thing" and at least connected voice wise.

BTW, the ATT guy said they had all been given unlimited OT this weekend to support the rollout.

11. jchiou macrumors 6502

jchiou

anyone who's received theirs activated it by porting numbers from another carrier? if so..was the process long/hard?

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm waiting for activation. Moving from another AT&T phone.

Hopefully this won't take 48 hours. I was hoping to get it up and running sooner than later.

13. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

14. gswilder macrumors regular

That was Quick

Mine new 3GS activated within 30 seconds at home using iTunes. Wow, that was fast. It took me an hour or more last night.

15. VPofIT macrumors newbie

VPofIT

16. hoopyfitz macrumors member

Yeah, I am waiting for the email, but did NOT swap sim cards. It still says no service, and my old 3g still has service

17. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Mine was stuck on activation too but I threw the SIM from my 1G iPhone in and it instantly woke up.

18. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

For those who are still waiting for the phone to find AT&T (Searching . . . ) after the activation step, try rebooting the phone. That worked for me, and now I'm up and running.

FYI, I used the new SIM that came in the phone rather than putting my old one in.

19. jping2007 macrumors newbie

how long does it normally take for itunes to activate the phone. It says please wait will we process your request...

20. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Done in store in like 3 minutes. I have never had a more efficient experience with ATT.

**Now my dumbass forgot to buy the jawbone while i was in there (man i smoked alot waiting in front of ATT) so I had to go back about an hour later. That took FOREVER and the only thing that saved me was knowing I had McD breakfast coming up lol.

EDIT: And wtf is with the ONLY credit card deal? I had no idea and took money out specifically to pay cash to be as fast as possible. I grabbed my credit card at the last minute lol just in case.

21. Hambones thread starter macrumors member

22. hoopyfitz macrumors member

ill try that now. There is "about a minute" in my restore from backup, even though its been on "about a minute" for 10 minutes, haha.

23. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Mine took 5 minutes to activate. After I restored everything from my old phones backup, activation took about 5 minutes again.