Anyone else waiting on Apple repair - 1 month and counting...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chefwong, Mar 28, 2011.

  1. chefwong macrumors 6502

    Jan 17, 2008
    whatever the case may be, MBP just hit 1 month mark, awaiting logic board replacement. I was told ETA of 25, system shows it was repaired and when I call for a update, seeing it shows no ship date, I was advised they are still awaiting logic boards. Not sure if the 1st one was ever actually put in and it turned out DOA or if they are still awaiting logic boards.


    Lenovo would have had it back in my hands no more than 2 days upon receiving the unit.
  2. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 19, 2007
    Call AppleCare and ask to have your case escalated. Unacceptable to have your computer waiting for a part for nearly a month.
  3. chefwong thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jan 17, 2008
    I I called today, and they told me it's already been marked high priority (whatever good that does)
  4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

    Apple OC

    Oct 14, 2010
  5. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020


    Oct 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I'm curious, how was 25 days even acceptable at first? Serious question, my GF had her logic board replaced and it took 2days and then one day shipping to our apartment. When I had a logic board issue that didn't kill the machine they let me use it and ordered it to the Apple Store and called me when it was in. I just had to drop it off and pick it up in a day or two. Only took them two days to get the board to the store.
  6. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 19, 2007
    You and me both. I was quoted 5-7 on my first Logic Board failure. It got fixed and I picked it up with 3 days of dropping it off.

    I would be going thermonuclear if I was told it was going to take a month. Get a supervisor/manager. Completely unacceptable.
  7. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

    Apple 26.2

    Jan 1, 2011
    What up, 212?!
    Not good enough if you ask me... I'd definitely call again, get it escalated (they used to send out emails with that info; not sure if they do anymore), and talk to a supervisor.
  8. kappaknight macrumors 68000


    Mar 5, 2009
    My repair took about 10 days. It probably would have taken longer if I hadn't called in but even though mine was waiting for the logic board part too, it magically got fixed and shipped the day I called.
  9. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

    Nov 11, 2009
    My work just had a 17" MBP sent in for logic board replacement last week. Total repair time was 8 business days.
  10. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
  11. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

    Oct 13, 2008
    This sounds like BestBuy! It you have a issue with you're Mac with them, it's a 2-3 week return.
  12. kaheiyeh macrumors member

    Jun 24, 2010
    My MBP was quoted 7 days for a logic board replacement. 4 weeks later with not a single call from Apple, it still wasn't fixed.

    On the plus side, they finally called me on the 29th day and offered me a replacement 2011 MBP instead. That was 3 days ago; I'm still waiting for them to ship the replacement MBP to me now. They quoted 7 days on this replacement, but there's a part of me thinking it will take more than that (judging from those 4 weeks).
  13. bigjobby macrumors 65816

    Apr 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Just curious but who did you take the unit into fix? (ie. Apple store, Best Buy or whoever).

    If it was taken in by Apple you can check the repair status online. Apologies if you have this information already.

    Waiting for a new LB sounds like a cover up excuse for somebody's cock-up especially when its taken soooooo long!
  14. zincaloy macrumors newbie

    Mar 18, 2011
    Wow sorry to hear about that. Apple was cool with my unit that had either a failing harddrive or harddisk controller (more likely) among other problems. Which also could only be restored by logic board replacement.

    I happened to call on day 14 of the exchangewindow and they just said they'll send a new one instead of repairing mine which would have taken a few weeks.
    TNT picked up my unit previous friday and i'll be getting my new one today (instead of the estimated april 5th). Would've already had it if i did not have a BTO.

    Where did you deliver your MBP for repairs? Apple directly or a Reseller? Probably would've make a difference.
  15. chefwong thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jan 17, 2008
    Applecare direct sent to Apple depot...

    They are blaming it on recent intl issues, causing the backlog (which I get to a degree)......we'll see. Awaiting manager callback for followup
  16. burlesque macrumors newbie

    May 16, 2011
    3 weeks waiting for repair and counting

    My macbook pro got an accidental water spill and I took it to the Apple store. They said they had flat rate for repairs like that which turned out to be about half of the original price of my late 2008 higher end 15-inch mbp. I was sure the service would correspond with the price. They told me it'd be ready in 5-7 days.

    Two weeks after they received my laptop I rang them up and I was told they were expecting parts. When I asked them how long I should wait, they told me they didn't know. I said to the person on the phone - 1 week, 1 month, 2 months? She just said, she didn't know. I was so baffled at the response, that I didn't even know what to say.

    Next day after my call at Apple's website where you can check your repair status it indicated that my laptop was magically repaired! One day more and it said "Return pending". I checked out my credit card and saw that it was charged. So I was expecting it to arrive any time...not likely! After exactly three weeks I called up Apple again, fearing there was a problem with delivery and they told me, to my dismay, that my laptop was still being repaired and they hoped to ship it in several days... That means under best scenario I will get it after four weeks of repairs...
  17. nizmoz macrumors 65816

    Jul 7, 2008
    Apple repaired my Macbook Pro in 3 days. Dropped it off at Apple store, one day to ship, fix and one day back. Fastest service I have ever seen.
  18. burlesque, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

    burlesque macrumors newbie

    May 16, 2011
    Apple deal

    Having waited for my mbp getting repaired for 4 weeks, I finally received a call from Apple proposing a deal - new mbp 2011 in exchange for my late 2008 mbp (+ the price of repair that I have paid). Alternatively, they offered me to wait indefinitely for my old mbp's repair. I naturally chose the first option - the new mbp 2011.

    My old mbp 2008 was also unibody, 2.53 ghz, 4 gb 1066 mhz, nvidia 9400/9600 with 512 mb, 320 Gb (7200 rpm)

    They offered me the model that sells for 1799.00. I felt really happy at first, but then comparing my old one and the one they offered me thought that mine perhaps was faster than this new model. I'm mainly concerned about the video card, that seems to be at the lower end in comparison to nvidia 9600. Also perhaps the hard disk 5400 rpm vs 7200 will underperform? Can anyone give me a quick assessment of these two machines and whether I have negotiation power to ask for a better outcome?

Share This Page