Anyone else waiting to upgrade 2G-> 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pravda, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I know the 3GS is much faster than my Edge iPhone, but with AT&T not allowing MMS, i don't see a real reason to upgrade just yet.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Faster phone, faster connection, twice the space, compass, voice dial, & gps. Sure there's more but I upgraded Friday 7:15am.

3. boch82 macrumors 6502

I was thinking the same thing. But someone had the 3gs they got at 7am yesterday and we were comparing them side by side and in the end I went to the apple store and upgraded.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have two friends of mine who are in the same boat

They still have 2g and are keeping it.

They like to get everything they can out of it AND they seem just fine having Wifi, Email, and phone capabilities on their phone

5. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thank you.

Note to self "do not play with 3Gs"

LoL

6. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I have an EDGE iPhone that I use on T-Mobile. I'm just waiting to read some reports seeing if AT&T's service has gotten better with OS 3.0, as the coverage is terrible in Chicago, at least where the iPhone is concerned. I have had a couple of people tell me that their reception has gotten better with 3.0.

I don't really want to go back to AT&T and pay their higher fees, but I also want a new phone, as my battery is getting worse by the day. And I will not settle for any other phone than the iPhone.

7. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I upgraded my 2G to the 3Gs. I'm very happy so far. The home button feels different, so that's a little weird.

But it really is faster. Even stupid things like the passcode screen are way faster.

3G downloading is nice as well. I like not having GSM noise near my speakers anymore too.

The new one still fits in my dock from my 40GB iPod from years ago so that's nice.

It will take getting used to not having the nice metal backing on it. However, I have yet to actually take a phone call on it. :D Tomorrow I'll call my dad for Father's Day, so I'll get to test that part then.

8. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

My wife went from 2G to 3GS and she loves it. Whe like the video camera, the faster speed, and the larger HDD.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I too upgraded 2g --> 3gs. It's a pretty big difference, more than you'd think. AT&T 3g, at least in Boston, is damn good. It's not quite wifi, but the subjective experience isn't far off. Even bigger, though, is the new processor/RAM. I never thought of my 2g iPhone as unresponsive, but the new one is something else. The whole experience is just so much smoother and more enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, the 2g iPhone is a wonderful device. But this feels like a mac that went from dial up and 512 RAM to cable and a few gigs.