Anyone else who upgraded to 3.0 GM miss your jailbroken features

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newportpaco, Jun 11, 2009.

1. newportpaco macrumors member

I upgraded to 3.0 and while it doesn't feel that big of an upgrade, I really do like some of the new features it has mainly copy and paste and landscape typing which I think were implemented perfectly. What I don't understand is why when you know that Apple knows about the jailbreak community they didn't implement some of the best apps that people want (boss-mods) or at least make a way to easily switch 3G or wifi on or off without having to go three menus deep. I guess what I'm saying is until they jailbreak 3.0 what features do you miss the most or are suprised you don't miss.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I have been using 3.0 since its initial beta release, and I don't miss the jailbreaking at all.

3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I miss sbsettings and taskbar notifications the most. Being able to quickly turn off/on things like 3g, wifi, airplane mode, etc. from any app was fantastic. Also, being able to kill running apps like safari on the fly from any app to free up memory was nice. Having icons in the taskbar to notify me of unread texts, emails, etc was good too.

As soon as 3.0 is jailbroken and those apps are updated to work on 3.0, I'll be jailbraking again.

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

I miss being able to easily hide apps I don't use.

5. K1N6 macrumors newbie

SBSettings, winterboard, quickSMS, PDANet, Cycorder, macsurgey, categories...

SBSettings was SOOO much more useful than I ever realized.

Really the only thing i care about in 3.0 is landscape, spotlight/search, push notifications, copy/paste...:mad:MMS-TETHER:mad: (garbage ATT)

When will apps begin to push? (AIM)

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If you wanna quit Safari on the fly, just hit the New Page button and then hit the X. A new blank page should come from nowhere and then just hit the home button. If there are NO PAGES open in Safari, Safari doesn't run in the background.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I miss my Cycorder, Pixelpipe for my Cycorder, Winterboard/Springboard, PDANet, iStorm Theme was the bomb, hopefully we can light it up once again!!!:(:(:(

8. Grimwall macrumors newbie

SB settings and winterboard are the biggest things missing from the basic (non-jailbroken) 3.0 firmware in my opinion.

Oh, also iBluetooth and xGPS.

All that is provisional of course as I'm not upgrading to 3.0 until the great folks at the dev-team work their magic, probably within 2-3 days after the new OS is released.

9. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I miss BiteSMS the most.
    SBSettings too.. and "voipover3g" hehe.
    Backgrounder is a nice one too.

But i will try to keep my next jailbreak to a minimun..
    backgrounder only makes sense now for applications like yes.fm (sort of a hybrid between spotify and last.fm for the spanish market - unlimited music for 4 bucks) so you can check emails while listening to music.

10. TypeEE macrumors member

sbsettings might conflict with how you bring up spotlight search, they are both slding from left to right.

11. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

SB settings, taskbar notifications, and intelliscreen.

12. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

SBSettings:
    -toggles for airplane mode & brightness
    -hide apps

Depending on how the tethering menu is, I hope there is a toggle for tethering so that I don't have to drill down to the Network menu every time.

13. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Like others, I really miss SBSettings. I tend to adjust my brightness frequently as the auto adjust just doesn't work to my liking. I also liked having 5 icons in my dock. Most of the other jailbroken features I'm doing OK without (I like the new cut/past well enough), but I will probably jailbreak 3.0 when the whizzes get to it.

14. Will0827 macrumors regular

Will0827

The only thing i miss and still dont know why apple doesn't allow it is to have a freaking wallpaper. Has it been explained anywhere or is there a reason why we simply can't have wallpapers.

15. Cap41 macrumors 6502

16. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

it is?

17. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

does this work on a mac? i would LOVE to JB my 3.0 GM.

19. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

20. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Agreed. I'm surprised Apple hasn't included a feature like this yet.

21. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I miss Categories, themes, and SBSettings. But my phone runs a lot better now and has more RAM at its disposal. I might not go back to JB unless I really feel the need.

22. Vonswanko macrumors regular

I'm on beta5, jailbroken, using the beta of biteSMS 4. Upgraded to the 3.0 GoldMaster and missed biteSMS Quick reply, so I downgraded back to the beta.

Hopefully it doesnt expire before the "official" jailbreak comes out.

23. rushtillyoudie macrumors newbie

can you link me to it?

24. Mimoawi macrumors member