Anyone else with a 6/6 Plus have a loose headset jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamMacPerson, Oct 13, 2014.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I've noticed this over the last 3/4 weeks (wow already a month!) of owning my 6 Plus. It seems that the headset jack doesn't give the same "click" like my other iPhones did (iPhone 4, 5, 5s). The click is more muffled and the connector seems to slip out easier. I have yet to pull the cable out accidentally yet, but it got me wondering if anyone else has a phone like this.

FWIW, I'm not returning this phone for a refurb from Apple. It seems to have escaped every -gate problem and typical early production problem iPhones have had (yellow screens, too blue screens, ghosting, etc). A slightly loose headset jack is not enough to worry me and it if it worsens, I bought AppleCare so I got two years. I just simply want to know if this is normal for this iPhone or something exclusive to just a batch or two.

2. mustu, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

mustu macrumors 6502

I had the same issue and I returned mine. The jack was loose and it would distort if the jack was moved a little in my pocket. As it was only 2 days old I got a brand new one. It's a visible issue. Please see the picture below.

The issue is not with the jack but the connector pins inside the jack.

With all bend gate posts I thought my phone was bending so got a new 6 plus to compare and they both were fine and straight but in the process I found the defect in the headphone jack in the new one

The Space Grey is mine and the Gold was just to check out the bend gate. See the silver pin in headphone jack. It's very visible and normal in the space grey and not in the gold. I guess a small batch may be having this issue I am sure apple will change it for you.

Attached Files:

3. iamMacPerson thread starter macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Ok good to know. What's interesting is I have the silver 6 Plus making me think that it could span across different models of the 6/6 Plus. Is your phone by chance a Verizon or 64GB model?

4. BuffordT macrumors regular

I had a very loose connector on my 6. You could just look at it and it would come out. Had to swap for dead pixels and the replacement phone had a good and tight jack.

Take yours back. Stop worrying about refurbed or not.