Anyone else with Temperature warning issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3GEE, Sep 20, 2014.

1. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

Ordered my iPhone online from Apple and it was delivered yesterday. Shortly after activating I began to get a temperature warning on the screen. It pretty much shuts down the phone and says you can't use the phone until it cools.

That notice will stay on regardless of the ambient temperature until I restart. Works fine for 2 minutes and notice returns.

Took it to the Apple store today and they figure it's a faulty temperature sensor. Problem is, they have no stock to give me as a replacement due to demand. The staff was very helpful but I have to wait until Tuesday for another.

Disappointing but not the end of the world. Just wondering if anyone else saw this, it's an iPhone 6, 64G.

2. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Apple stores are supposed to reserve enough of all models as replacements. But the problem is, we have a bunch of OCD's around who feel they need to return 3 of them to get a "perfect" unit (of course, no such device is ever perfect enough for them). So, there are never enough replacements for people like you who really need them. Too bad, hopefully, in the next few days, they will get more in.

3. titanous macrumors newbie

Yep, my 6 64GB boots directly into the temperature warning. I did a restore from DFU mode but no dice, it's completely bricked.

Also weird: the USB connection (charging and iTunes) only works when the screen is on.