Anyone Else Worried About Heat?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Robert M., Apr 8, 2015.

1. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

My iPhone 6 Plus can get pretty warm (I only notice when I don't have a case on it), and I'm wondering if the same will be true for the :apple: Watch.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up.

TL;DR: The title.

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

iPhones get warm because they have a number of components that can generate heat (typically biggest power consumers: SoC, cellular modem, screen backlight) and also a substantial battery to draw power from.

In the Watch, there's no cellular hardware, no LED lightbar for the screen and the battery is tiny, so the SoC has to be very low power and software it runs must be light-weight as well. It's not going to become even noticably warm, except maybe when charging, and probably not even then. :)

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

The watch must be able to stand hot summer direct sunlight shining onto it for hours at a time without failing.

If you are on the beach or out for the day in the summer, it would be crazy to have to take your watch off to avoid it being in the sun too long.

I'm sure Apple have made sure this won't happen and had it out in the summer sun for hours to check it still works fine.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

The watch also doesn't do as much processing as a phone would and therefore will generate a lot less heat anyway.

5. sterl320 macrumors 6502

not one person in these reviews even mentioned it. if it was an issue, it would have been apparent and noted. That's enough for me to think heat isn't an issue.

6. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

LCD watches also have issues when worn where it's too hot.

The numbers fade away:
    [​IMG]