iPhone X Anyone else X slow down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandonjr36, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

I’m getting very frustrated. My iPhone X started messing up like hell about a week before the XS was released. I’m to the point where I’m about to just get a different make of phone. I know they all slow down but after giving a $1000 for a damn phone it should work flawlessly for atleast a couple years. My girlfriends X is doing the same thing. I’m sick of it. WiFi is virtually worthless as well as the lte. It’s almost like the antenna is messed up in my phone. Anyone else having these issues. I’m on iOS 12.1 beta. My girlfriends is on 12.0.1

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

My X hasn’t had any issues like you’re describing/experiencing. iOS 12 has actually increased the performance and smoothness for me.. You may have some sort of corruption in your software that’s effecting the phone in a negative way. I know it’s a pain but, you might try restoring using iTunes and setting up as new to see if it restores the performance. If it does, restore it from backup and see if it slows down again. If it does, you have your answer..

3. tl01 macrumors 68020

Maybe erase your device and start fresh. That always works wonders for me!

4. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

DFU or restore your device as new tomorrow after iOS 12.1 release. If it still doesn't please you, take it to Apple if it still covers under warranty if you feel the antenna is crap. If you restore and set up as new, you can eliminate software issues then you can restore your backup after. Also, it is possible there are more WiFi or WiFi on the same channel that can interfere with your WiFi. You can notice this sometimes when it affect Bluetooth connectivity with 2.4Ghz so it might be better to connect to 5Ghz band.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

What does DFU do differently from going into SETTINGS > ERASE ALL CONTENTS AND SETTINGS > SETTING UP AS NEW?

6. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

DFU/Restore allows iTunes to download the latest firmware, install that firmware (while removing all personal information, retain iCloud account) and restore all settings to default.
    Erase All Contents and Settings removes all personal information, iCloud account and restore all settings to default on the existing firmware.

DFU/Restore kills 2 birds at the same time while updating and installing a fresh copy than just erasing and resetting the device.

7. CrazyForCashews macrumors 6502

DFU never fails me. It's my go-to iPhone setup method.