Anyone else'a 7/7 plus get really hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Braddrum, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Braddrum macrumors regular

Braddrum

yo,

I have the 7 plus and it seems to get really hot on basic use, especially up by the sleep button on the right hand side.

Does anybody else's? I've been on my phone a while just browsing and texting and right now it's seriously hot (and also got the buzzing).

Normally I have my phones in a case but I'm still waiting on mine to arrive so maybe it's normal and I just don't know it?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I noticed that with my 7 so it's not just you.

3. Applefan4515 macrumors regular

Applefan4515

My 7 plus doesn't get any warmer than my 6s plus did of my 6 plus did.

4. fanta88 macrumors 6502

My 7 gets warm on that side occasionally. Often when viewing instagram, for example. But it's never been hot. iphones have a pretty reliable temperature shut off that kicks in when things are too toasty -- I say this based on past experience haha. So I'd say you're probably fine.

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Yo its not normal

6. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

I actually found that my iPhone 7 is getting less hot than my iPhone 6s. Of course it gets a bit warm after heavy usage, but it isn't anything like what I've experienced with the iPhone 6s. And believe me, I have really tried pushing the 7 to its limits. Let out with regular, daily usage.

So like the one above me says, it doesn't seem normal. I'm not sure how long you've been having yours, but if it's just one or two days old, I'd say: wait for another few days. If your iPhone still gets very hot at less usage, you should definitely get Apple to fix it or something.

7. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I'm on day 2 with my 7+ and so far never experienced the phone getting hot. Only lukewarm when turning it on and setting it up the first time. Other than that it's been cool.

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

My 7 runs exactly the same as my 6s. Have not encountered any unusual heating.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It did when restoring and indexing. After that it ran same as my iPhone 6.