Anyone else's bands not fitting into the watch, REALLY tight?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Binarymix, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

My Apple Watch series 2 came in yesterday, and to my disappointment, a couple of my bands just will not fit into the watch.

The nylon band it came with was very difficult to take out.

Needless to say, it's going back. Has anyone else experienced this with their new Apple Watch?

The watch also had bare spots in the anodization in the top right near the display.

Not happy with QC this year, they should have known something was off if they had to force the band in to begin with.

Hope my iPhone doesn't have any issues, if it ever ships.

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Get it exchanged. If the band doesn't fit, try other bands. Sports, leather loop, Milanese loop since you like it tight.

3. Binarymix thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't fit into the watch, not my wrist....

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The nylon bands are quite stiff and are a bit more difficult to get on and off my watch compared to all my other bands (modern buckle, classic buckle, Milanese loop, sports). I have 2 of the nylon bands and they are both the same. I think that's the way they are designed. I don't find them a problem just different from all my other bands.

I have a series 0 watch.

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Put some glue on the ends of the band and try again.

6. Binarymix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah nylon was stiff on my gen 0, but this is beyond stiff, and my link bracelet won't even fit.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    They're setting up a replacement, but who knows when I'll get it since it seems like they are barely sending any out.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think being disappointed with this year's QC as a whole is something of an overstatement.

Anyway, my bands work fine but I don't have any nylon bands. Just a sports band and a Milanese loop so far. I swap between them each day as I wear sport to the gym and Milanese everywhere else. Perhaps you just got a bad one?

8. Binarymix thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's obvious something is wrong with mine, I'm just wondering how common it is.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Apple is pretty good about taking care of you. This is the first of these complaints I've read so I doubt it is widespread.

I've seen a few people say their ceramic edition is loose and that seems to be common. Some suggest this "issue" is because ceramic doesn't expand and contracts the same as it heats and cools and so it's actually by design.

Anyway, best of luck.