Anyone else's home button REALLY hard to push?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by classicaliberal, May 30, 2012.

1. classicaliberal macrumors regular

classicaliberal

Recently, the home button on my iPhone is REALLY hard to push before it will activate. If you press lightly like you're supposed to, nothing happens... you can push it 10 times and nothing... but if you press it really hard, it will work.

Just trying to find out if this is common or just me.

2. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

It could be because of dust inside the phone (under the button)

3. maira macrumors newbie

home button hard to press

this might be due to dust or anything else-- try to clean it up from the inside. if it does not help you must restart the phone, hope it will start working normally again :)

4. ahmedfathy01110 macrumors newbie

it might be a problem with the physical button itself. check with the apple if it is still under the warranty

5. SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

check out the tweak "zephyr" let's you do the homebutton functions with simple gestures, perfect for your case or if you wanna increase the life of the homebutton for those that dont have a problem yet

6. laetusviator macrumors member

laetusviator

Might be dust or something, like others said, but I'd take it to apple and see what they think. When I got my iphone 4 I had a similar problem with the home button. You had to push REALLY hard to get it to do anything. I took it back to Apple and they replaced the phone.