iPad Anyone else's iPad Air 2 feeling a little blue...?

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
Well, mine is. Ugh.

Naturally Best Buy have no more to swap it out, and the Apple Store have no service units. Awesome.

That's why I don't buy products that can be bought in places that are sold by the company in bestbuy any more

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Looks like a blue spot. Yeah best buy has horrendous return policy, one of the reasons I don't like shopping there.
Say what? You can basically bring anything back within the allotted return period. They most of the time don't even ask for a reason.

You folks must have some real low class BBs you deal with. I basically have no problems with the ones I shop.

rgarjr

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Say what? You can basically bring anything back within the allotted return period. They most of the time don't even ask for a reason.

You folks must have some real low class BBs you deal with. I basically have no problems with the ones I shop.
if you have like 2-3 returns within a time period they will ban u from returning stuff. But let's not get into that topic here.

maintainin

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
One good thing I can say about Best Buy is I personally have always had a really good experience with returns. I've bought things before and returned them just because I decided I didnt really want it. I've done with this a couple of android tablets. They say "Is something wrong with it?" And I just say something like "No, works fine. Just not real impressed with it." Purchase refunded.

There is absolutely no reason they should not take this ipad back. ESPECIALLY since its defective.

----------

if you have like 2-3 returns within a time period they will ban u from returning stuff. But let's not get into that topic here.
And that time period is? Ive returned 3 products probably all in one years time. Never had an issue.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Wait, I wanted to swap mine at Apple. Is that not possible? They have regular retail packages for sure, but if they're out of service units, they can't swap?

Do I really need to try Best Buy?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Sorry about that. I really wanted to read feedback from you about its performance.
Yeah. Sorry. :( Was all ready to give impressions and am seriously put off using this unit. Bleh!

----------

Wait, I wanted to swap mine at Apple. Is that not possible? They have regular retail packages for sure, but if they're out of service units, they can't swap?

Do I really need to try Best Buy?
They have new retail boxes at Apple, but won't swap them with a unit bought elsewhere. Only service units. Which...they didn't have at my Apple Store. Sad panda is me.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Yeah. Sorry. :( Was all ready to give impressions and am seriously put off using this unit. Bleh!

----------

They have new retail boxes at Apple, but won't swap them with a unit bought elsewhere. Only service units. Which...they didn't have at my Apple Store. Sad panda is me.
Ugh so I do need to return via Best Buy if I want it swapped now? Might just wait it out for a week if my Apple Store doesn't have service units.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I give up on iPad Air 2. So my first unit was...blue, like the picture at the top shows. I went to a different Best Buy that had stock: The next one had a stuck pixel and massive book-spine issue. The next one had even worse book-spine issue and some black coloring missing from the screen bezel.

I won't go through this again. I just won't. Apple lost an iPad customer today.

On a side-note, what the heck with the sound vibration? Insane!

*sad panda*

rgarjr

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I give up on iPad Air 2. So my first unit was...blue, like the picture at the top shows. I went to a different Best Buy that had stock: The next one had a stuck pixel and massive book-spine issue. The next one had even worse book-spine issue and some black coloring missing from the screen bezel.

*sad panda*
Sucks broh,

What does a book spine issue look like?

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014
Do you guys always order these things online and that's why you get these issues?

Or do you go to an actual store and walk out with a sealed box without checking?

I can't figure it out.

----------

*sad panda*
Stop trying to get one so quickly. Wait a couple of months. Walk into an apple store and check it.

I bet by the time they get to Thailand they'll be perfect.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Do you guys always order these things online and that's why you get these issues?

Or do you go to an actual store and walk out with a sealed box without checking?

I can't figure it out.

----------

Stop trying to get one so quickly. Wait a couple of months. Walk into an apple store and check it.

I bet by the time they get to Thailand they'll be perfect.
I checked them all in the store. Really wasn't in the mood to get home and discover issues.

----------

Sucks broh,

What does a book spine issue look like?
It's an abnormally dark area going up and down the left side of the screen when held in portrait mode. A lot of Air/Air 2s have this, but not all.

Dlanod

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
UK

*sad panda*
I'm in the same boat. Mine has a dodgy pixel and after the Air 1 fiasco with yellow patchy screens I can't be bothered. I'm sticking with my Mini R. If it wasn't for the fact that iOS is so slick I'd be buying a Galaxy Tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.