Anyone else's iphone 6 or 6+ Have dust/debris in screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrewwjay, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Andrewwjay macrumors newbie

Mine right out of the box has what I thought was a dead pixel but I just screenshotted it and moved the picture it wasn't there so it had to be some type of fragment. Not a big deal but just annoyed. Anyone else?

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Yup - had this problem with two 6 64GB's in Space Grey. Happens with every Apple product release now. No idea why every other manufacturer (in my experience) manages to build phones without debris/dead pixels.

I've found in the past that waiting a month or two helps - could be new production line issues perhaps.

3. Andrewwjay thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm going to wait until the demand goes down. i just hope they replace the phone. i know its small its just annoying spending $300 on a phone and having that there.

4. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Screenshot doesn't capture dead /stuck pixels.

5. Andrewwjay thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah i see i didn't know that thanks for the heads up! thought i was smart for a minute doing that lol.

6. macmurray macrumors regular

Discovered some dust or something under my screen within the first hour of use. I've bought every iPhone since the 3G on launch day and have yet to get one without dead pixels or stuff under the screen. Apple has always been awesome about swapping them out with no hassle. Restoring from backup is a breeze. Not really something to sweat. The only inconvenience for me is that I live an hour away from the nearest Apple Store.

7. Andrewwjay thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i just don't want a refurbished phone because of this.

8. macmurray macrumors regular

How could they possibly be replacing with refurbished phones already for something that came out yesterday?

And really, what's the difference anyway? Still retains the same warranty, is assembled in the same place and is probably more throughly checked before it goes out.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 601

It's way too early for Apple to hand out refurbs as a replacement unit. They do put brand new ones in a white box, so you will likely to get a new one.

10. Andrewwjay thread starter macrumors newbie

I just figured that i won't be able to get mine replaced for a bit since they're all sold out and by that time it could be a refurb.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I wouldn't worry, they keep a few new ones in case people have issues with theirs.