Anyone else's iPhone 6 or 6 Plus battery percentage indicator drop by 2% at a time?

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
My 6 Plus battery has been nothing short of horrible since its second charge. I've noticed that the battery percentage drops by 2% at a time instead of 1% sometimes but not always. I'm thinking there has to be some sort of defect with my battery. Is anyone else experiencing this?

map1978

macrumors 68020
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Mines the complete opposite - outstanding battery life

Taking my phone off the charger at 100% it takes forever to even get to 99%

Call Applecare and get a remote diagnostic done - thats the only way Apple will replace your device for a faulty battery

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Mine does that too. I have good battery life - usually 7-8 hours of usage, but it does randomly drop 2% instead of 1% at a time. It does take forever to go from 100 to 99 though.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Mines the complete opposite - outstanding battery life

Taking my phone off the charger at 100% it takes forever to even get to 99%

Call Applecare and get a remote diagnostic done - thats the only way Apple will replace your device for a faulty battery
I have called AppleCare, and they're currently investigating and said they're probably going to issue a replacement. I'm just trying to see if there's anything I can do on my end to improve the battery, and it's very frustrating to see no results.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Mine does that too. I have good battery life - usually 7-8 hours of usage, but it does randomly drop 2% instead of 1% at a time. It does take forever to go from 100 to 99 though.
Same experience with mine. Also, 1% lasts so long it's comical.

:apple:

Da1e85

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
My 6 Plus battery has been nothing short of horrible since its second charge. I've noticed that the battery percentage drops by 2% at a time instead of 1% sometimes but not always. I'm thinking there has to be some sort of defect with my battery. Is anyone else experiencing this?
my battery on the 6 does this aswell usually around the 30 40 50 percent marks
also on wifi and everything else turned of it seems to drop percentage like every 3 to 4 minutes using safari with auto brightness on. gaming is even worse i played dead trigger 2 for approx 15mins and it drained 7 percent i dont think this can be right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.