Anyone elses phone acting strangely?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by glocke12, Jul 8, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

So some pretty weird things are happening to my phone. I have alarms that go off at 530 and 630 am every weekday. yesterday morning they went off, today they didnt. I checked the clock app on my phone and there were no alarms listed. They just disappeared.

Than this a.m. I recieved some mail from someone. I read the email once, than closed the mail app. Went back to read the email again and it was gone. Its also gone from my server and is not anywhere to be found.

2. bobab8ey macrumors member

Probably cuz you're holding your phone the wrong way.

3. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Could you be suffering from the proximity sensor issue?

My wife has hung up on people, conferenced people in, attempted to face chat people, and most recently texted someone, all while having the phone up to her face the entire time.

She's about had it with the phone. I did the network resets and we'll see what happens after today. It may be getting returned to Apple for a refund and replaced with the trusty 3g.

My phone has been great, but I don't really do all that much calling.

4. 1stalban macrumors member

Funny You Should Mention It

Once I got past the proximity sensor issues, I had an interesting episode yesterday.

My phone was sitting on my desk at work and the screen was blank as it was "asleep". I typically keep it on vibrate in the office so as not to disturb people if it rings. So, it started vibrating but nothing on the screen. I hit the home button but nothing shows up. I then hit the power button, nothing shows up...all the while, it's still vibrating as if I'm getting a call.

Just for giggles, I connect it to my computer and open up iTunes to see if it does anything...nothing happens. iTunes doesn't recognize it and nothing comes up on the screen. All the while, my phone is still vibrating as if getting a call. Normally by this time, voice mail would have picked up a call.

I eventually had to press the home button and the power button simultaneously to get it to stop. Once done, the phone powered back up like normal and showed that I did indeed miss a call.

Hasn't done it again...yet.

5. Skinfaxi macrumors member

Do a full restore through iTunes. After the restore, do the "Reset all settings" to start fresh. If the problems are still there, call apple.

6. JediMac macrumors newbie

Just happened to me…

This exact same thing just happened to me for the first time. Are there any more documented cases of this out there? Did you try the "fix" suggested in the above post? Very, very strange indeed.

7. nin7474 macrumors 6502

My GMAIL started acting funny since yesterday.

8. 1stalban macrumors member

Yes. I had gone through that procedure when I first noticed the proximity sensor problem but not since the I had the referenced problem. Luckily, it hasn't happened again...yet.

My phone has almost become a walking "science experiment" for me! ;) Kinda like an expensive box of Cracker Jacks...you never know what surprise you're gonna get!

9. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Maybe someone recalled the message?

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

This is what happens when you use your iPhone over an ancient Indian burial ground.:eek: