Anyone elses screen scratch/get swirls very easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MHaynes772, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MHaynes772 macrumors member

Does anyone else notice that this phone gets swirls and scratches extremely easy? My 3GS's screen has no scratches in the year I had it and I've had my iPhone 4 since the day is came out and I've also had a bumper on it. The back has a big scratch on the back (but you can't feel it, just visible) and the front has a small scratch. But over the whole entire screen there are hairlines swirls all over. I never had this with my 3GS. Anyone else have this with their (easy scratching)?

I don't like putting screen protectors on, never have, but contemplating doing that now.

Thanks.

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use screen protectors, but YMMV.

BTW, with all these scratch reports, has anyone been able to confirm whether or not these are scratches in the glass vs. scratches to the oiliophobic coating?

3. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

I've since put a screen protector on mine. But in the two weeks I had it prior t doing so, despite polishing off face/finger oil relatively frequently with a cotton undershirt, I noticed no scratches or swirls.

4. MHaynes772 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...weird. I don't carry keys either since my car has a key pad to unlock on the outside, so nothing in my pocket could scratch it. Kinda annoying since my last phone had no scratches.

5. Focker macrumors member

both my wife & I went about a week without screen protectors before we put invisible shields on our IP4's and neither one of ours had any scratches or swirl marks. Maybe yours has a bad oleophobic coating?