Anyone elses SMS going CRAZY?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timmypv15, Oct 2, 2008.

1. timmypv15 macrumors regular

Is anyone else's SMS going crazy? When I get a text from someone and it says "Slide to View" it will enter someone elses conversation, but the last text will be from the person that actually sent it.

And if I'm in the conversation with someone as I get a text, it won't show up. I will have to go back to my inbox, and then click on the conversation for them to show up.

And the top section of the conversation where the contacts name shows up, sometimes the name won't be there, and sometimes it blinks.

Anyone? maybe i should restore?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

3. bbwinkle macrumors member

Yeah, since the 2.0 firmware my SMS app has been out of control. It shows the keyboard half the time, the messages end up in difference places from where I sent them, it won't show the new messages even when I'm IN the person who sent it's "tab". Apple needs to fix this, it's a core function. I probably text more than anything else, and it's really frustrating when I can't text as fast as other phones and my "jesus phone" is suppose to be, well, Jesus of cell phones.

4. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Running 2.1 here on a iPhone 3G. Having no problems, never had them. And I send more then 50 texts a day to over 8 people.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

6. schield macrumors member

Happened to me last night. Viewed text message, and had some wrong messages under the person.

7. moka macrumors 6502a

got the no keyboard issue yesterday, had to close down the sms app and open it back up again to solve the problem... don't know why it happened.

8. timmypv15 thread starter macrumors regular

so im guessing the wrong messages under different contacts is a big issue

9. nima macrumors member

nima

you know whats even crazier??? how you have to pay extra for text!! llets rebel on this part. sms should be fREe!! sms is like the lowest form of communication but im paying 20$ for unlimited?? maybe 5 but 20??? monthly too?? like its outrageous. this is what happens when companies gain too much control. it almost becomes like a monopoly. like yeah you have a choice not to pay for it but really in some places its just great to have or it could be required why not just make it free? why dont they charge for three way calling?? or checking voicemails?? huh why the #$^# not?? im so piss#d because of this.

10. mailerdaemon macrumors member

My SMS is going crazy in that I will hear the SMS tone twice often - even if I've already read it. WTF?

Only started happening since 2.1

11. michael31986 macrumors 68030

it sucks, if u send a text to someone and then click another person's message at the same time the other text is sending and makes that sent noisse, the keyboard shows up on top of the screen and out of place.

only happens when u click on someone elses text message as the other is bein sent.

12. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

13. michael31986 macrumors 68030

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

15. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Haven't heard of your problem. Mind sending an email to Apple as a Bug Report?

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm not having these problems. Definitely try restoring.

Although people get defensive about this, I'm going to ask: is it jailbroken?

17. timmypv15 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, not Jailbroken or anything like that.

Also, when I go to read someones conversation that has a new text in it, when I open it, the text wont be there, and it will still show as new when I go back to the inbox and then will finally show up if I go back into the same conversation.

I'll try a restore