Anyone else's stacks not working??

mca7

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
when i click on a stack it previews the files fine but when i click on a file it doesn't open the finder, nor does the "show in finder" button work. it will open a file with word or text edit but not the finder. any suggestions or anyone experiencing this?

jbardi

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2005
I'm not quite understanding the problem. You say that when you click on the stack, it previews the files, I am assuming you mean in Grid or Fan view, but then you say when you click on a file it doesn't open Finder? Why would it? When you click on a file it launches the file in its default program. Also, what "show in finder" button are you talking about? I only see "show in finder" when you hold down the mouse over the stack itself, not specific files in the stack.

mca7

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Sorry for the confusion. I have my documents folder in the dock. When I click on it the grid view shows up, when i go to click on a folder in the grid nothing happens. The folder is not opened in the finder. The "show in finder" also does not work. For instance, in my downloads stack, when I click on show in finder nothing happens. I have to go into the finder and manually open the downloads folder if I want access to it.

Hope this helps.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Now, I had the same problem. I restarted. Everything was fine. About an hour ago, the problem started again. I rebooted just now and it's not working again! One minute after rebooting.
I really like my stacks and use them a lot so I need that to work.

Any ideas?

jbshensk

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2008
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem, I have Leopard 10.5.2 and when I click on my stack the preview pops open...then when I click on a folder, there is no response in the finder. If I command click, the folder opens but I shouldn't need to do this.