Anyone else's student gift card not work?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joewillmott, Mar 26, 2013.

1. joewillmott macrumors regular

I bought a rMBP from Apple in June and got a £70 student gift card with it. I returned both the rMBP and the gift card and got a refund.

In July I bought a MBA from Apple with a £70 student gift card. I kept these and went to use my gift card, but it would not let me. After weeks of back and forth e-mails with Apple they have told me my gift card will not work because they already refunded me for it and there's nothing they can do about it.

I have not been refunded, so am currently sat here with a £70 gift card I cannot use and Apple wont do anything about it. Has anybody else had this sort of problem with gift cards before? I thought I could get it sorted over the phone but when I try they tell me to e-mail, but the person I end up with via e-mail tends to have below-par English skills and can't understand my situation or refuses to do anything about it!

Poor show, Apple.

2. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

their billing can be confusing

I had to call several times and provide proof of the refund glitches with gift cards.

I think they are probably seeing the return of the rMBP and gift card and not the sale of the MBA. If you have the receipts, give them a call and politely ask for a supervisor. Be calm and have everything you need to discuss with them.

If you bought the machines at an Apple store, why not go in and politely ask for a manager.

Unfortunately, I've noticed Apple getting a little tight fisted when it comes the educational discounts and promos. Any Apple gift card I get now goes toward an iDevice rather than a full blown computer.

Wish you all the best, keep trying!