Anyone else's upgrade date get pushed back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adster, Jun 17, 2009.

1. adster macrumors regular

So I pre-ordered my iPhone 3G S last week from Apple.com. All was fine and dandy, yeah. Then today, AT&T announced that all 3G users eligible in June, July, August and September get the full subsidiary pricing! Woo!

So I check Apple.com and AT&T.com to see if things have changed and noticed that my eligibility date has been PUSHED BACK to 12/14/09! :eek: Has anyone else's date gotten pushed back?

2. adster thread starter macrumors regular

Well here's an update. I was on the phone with a rep for an hour and a half. Luckily, she WAS able to see my July 09 date. After calling department after department, she said the only thing I can do is go to an AT&T retail store.

I went to my local AT&T store and they were willing to help - but only tomorrow. They said there is a form they can submit to the district manager to override the price but they wouldn't fill out the form until tomorrow. The manager said that it's possible that my date may change tomorrow when everyone's eligibility will change and if that doesn't work then he'll submit the paperwork.

The only downfall was that he said it could take a few days, meaning no probably not on launch day, and I'd have to buy at an AT&T store, not Apple.