Anyone else's Wifi just quit working?

hogsrul

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Having this problem very often lately. Internet will work just fine, then all of the sudden i can't open a web page. I have found that toggling airport off/on will allow it to start working again, but that gets pretty annoying.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Yes, me, I'm on the 10.7GM, thought it might be a bug in that. I get is most when opening the laptop and resuming from sleep.

I also rebooted my time capsule to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

SojIrOu

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
I get it sometimes too on 10.6.8. Not really sure what's the cause but I don't seem to notice it on Windows 7 in bootcamp.

Is yours a 2011 MBP as well?

Comment

MOKHAN

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Having this problem very often lately. Internet will work just fine, then all of the sudden i can't open a web page. I have found that toggling airport off/on will allow it to start working again, but that gets pretty annoying.
The EXACT same thing happens to me! I'll be surfing and punch in a new website, or click on a link, and it won't open. So then, like you, I toggle airport on & off :\

Comment

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Hmmm. Been having this same issue. I'm on 10.6.8. My iPhone experiences the same issue so I been thinking it was my modem that's going out or not communicating correctly with the airport router? It seems to go out for a minute or two. Seems I've had to pull the power on my modem to get it to work again too.

Comment

SirWilliam

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
I have the same problem with my 2011 13" MBP. I have a 27" iMac no problems all my Windows computers, iPads and iPhones work fine. This is completely unacceptable. No one knows of a solution?

Comment

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Same thing with me!

2010 17" MBP

Wifi will just intermittently cut out and I can't load a damn thing! Yet internet continues to work just fine for all my other home computers/laptops.

This is really random, but I'm glad others are suddenly having the same issues.

Comment

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Is everyone else using safari? I sometimes find that safari "isn't connected" but itunes is downloading podcasts and mail is downloading emails. a 5.1 bug maybe?

Comment

SirWilliam

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Does anyone also have slow internet when connected via wifi? I do not even get 1mb/sec. None of my other computers respond this way when connected to the wifi. If I plug into the wall it is lightening fast. I just do not get it. The computer is brand new...never experienced anything like this...certainly not what you would expect from such an expensive computer.

Comment

SirWilliam

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
I can try that but all of my other devices connected to wifi are fast. I did not think Lion was out yet. Sad to hear Lion does not fix the problem.

Comment

SirWilliam

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
I seem to have fixed my problem *knock on wood*.

I turned off Bluetooth and it seems to be just fine...I have not lost connection and the pages load quickly now. I think because it was continuously seeking Bluetooth devices it some how got in the way of the wifi.

Comment

willmiz

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Yes, me, I'm on the 10.7GM, thought it might be a bug in that. I get is most when opening the laptop and resuming from sleep.

I also rebooted my time capsule to see if that makes a difference.
Same exact issue here, also on 10.7GM. Using a 13" MBP 2011

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.