Anyone else's Wifi just quit working?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hogsrul, Jul 18, 2011.

1. hogsrul macrumors member

Having this problem very often lately. Internet will work just fine, then all of the sudden i can't open a web page. I have found that toggling airport off/on will allow it to start working again, but that gets pretty annoying.

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Yes, me, I'm on the 10.7GM, thought it might be a bug in that. I get is most when opening the laptop and resuming from sleep.

I also rebooted my time capsule to see if that makes a difference.

3. peace4al macrumors newbie

4. SojIrOu macrumors newbie

I get it sometimes too on 10.6.8. Not really sure what's the cause but I don't seem to notice it on Windows 7 in bootcamp.

Is yours a 2011 MBP as well?

5. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

6. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

The EXACT same thing happens to me! I'll be surfing and punch in a new website, or click on a link, and it won't open. So then, like you, I toggle airport on & off :\

7. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Hmmm. Been having this same issue. I'm on 10.6.8. My iPhone experiences the same issue so I been thinking it was my modem that's going out or not communicating correctly with the airport router? It seems to go out for a minute or two. Seems I've had to pull the power on my modem to get it to work again too.

8. SirWilliam macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with my 2011 13" MBP. I have a 27" iMac no problems all my Windows computers, iPads and iPhones work fine. This is completely unacceptable. No one knows of a solution?

9. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Same thing with me!

2010 17" MBP

Wifi will just intermittently cut out and I can't load a damn thing! Yet internet continues to work just fine for all my other home computers/laptops.

This is really random, but I'm glad others are suddenly having the same issues.

10. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Is everyone else using safari? I sometimes find that safari "isn't connected" but itunes is downloading podcasts and mail is downloading emails. a 5.1 bug maybe?

11. emyholdem macrumors newbie

12. SirWilliam macrumors newbie

Does anyone also have slow internet when connected via wifi? I do not even get 1mb/sec. None of my other computers respond this way when connected to the wifi. If I plug into the wall it is lightening fast. I just do not get it. The computer is brand new...never experienced anything like this...certainly not what you would expect from such an expensive computer.

13. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Try rebooting your router.

I too get some wifi connection errors in Lion at times. So far 2 times out of 20ish.

14. SirWilliam macrumors newbie

I can try that but all of my other devices connected to wifi are fast. I did not think Lion was out yet. Sad to hear Lion does not fix the problem.

15. SirWilliam macrumors newbie

I seem to have fixed my problem *knock on wood*.

I turned off Bluetooth and it seems to be just fine...I have not lost connection and the pages load quickly now. I think because it was continuously seeking Bluetooth devices it some how got in the way of the wifi.

16. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Ran into this issue a lot on Uverse and started using OpenDNS which fixed it.

17. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Mind elaborating a bit on how to go about this?

18. willmiz macrumors member

Same exact issue here, also on 10.7GM. Using a 13" MBP 2011