Anyone Email Tim Cook Yet?? I did

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, May 11, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

My Milanese band is defective with magnet not holding. Getting no where with replacement decided to emailed Tim Cook. An Exec called right back within 30 min. They seem to be all clueless over there at Apple. How can a company release a product without hardly any support or knowledge when repairs will arrive. In a nut shell got no where. Token answer given weelllllllll looks like going to ship "sometime" in May.

2. ToastErickson macrumors member

Make sure the magnet isn't flipped over on itself. That has happened to a few people.

3. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Tim Cook will come to your house and hand deliver you a new one.

5. rkho macrumors member

The amount of entitlement on this forum is absurd. With these high expectations, you'd think everyone bought a Patek...

6. cruzmisl macrumors regular

emailed the CEO over your watch band, cool story bro

7. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I can not believe people think they can just email the CEO of the wealthiest, most influential tech company in the world. You should really just get with customer service. They'd help you.

8. zlin9596 macrumors member

all i can is wow... if u have a problem with a watch call the customer service that is what they are paid to do, I'm sure they are trying their hardest to help u. The CEO has more important business than wasting time on a band.

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Before you complain about the band, try what one of the others said. Flip it over and make sure you're using the right side. Next, why write the CEO? Contact Customer service or take it to an Apple Store first.

11. JnDRader macrumors regular

Yes, because when my car started leaking a little transmission fluid the first thing I did was call the CEO of Ford...

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why wouldn't a customer be able to email him? You're the type of person that gives people power they don't have...... FFS he's a human just like you or me.... who gives a rats ass how much he makes.

That being said of course OP should of handled it differently and is acting like a spoiled consumer but that's a different conversation.

13. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I wonder how much crap he gets each day in his inbox... Bet his watch never stops tapping

14. bluecow macrumors regular

If Apple didn't want/expect people to e-mail the CEO, they wouldn't have customer service respond so quickly to each concern. Apple wants to present itself as open and accessible despite the massive size.

Though, it can always be useful to pick and choose which battles to go that direction with. AKA, don't abuse that power.

15. loyalist macrumors 6502

+1000000000

16. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

There's no way that e-mail address would go to his watch or phone guys. It goes in a mailbox that will have several handlers sifting through it and routing it where it needs to go.

He'll have another e-mail address that internals and acquaintances will use - likely not even published in the corporate directory, so it doesn't get leaked.

Always think it's funny when people say "an Exec called me back". Glad that CSR sounded important to you. :)

17. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

It depends if his "Taptic Engine" was manufactured in China or Japan. ;)

18. loyalist macrumors 6502

Oh, I found a defect with my Air Jordans. Does anyone have Michael Jordan's email address??

19. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

jordan_michael77@hotmail.com

20. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Yeah I bet any non @apple email goes into a separate bin

21. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Yeah, that's easy enough at the mail routers, but they wouldn't want to take the chance on a mail router change spamming the hell out of their CEO.

Easier for him to have another address and just forward any internal mail to that unknown address.

22. jediuia macrumors regular

I'm sure it was just upside down, op hasn't replied since that recommendation.