Anyone ever applied BodyGuardz without solution

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by i-Want-Apples, Sep 14, 2008.

1. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

Forgive me if this is a totally crazy question. However, despite everyone having good experiences with BodyGuardz, I'm still a little concerned about applying the solution. I realize that it is just water and soap, however, I'm not sure if I want to put liquid, of any type, on my iPod... So, I was just curious if anyone has ever tried to apply without using the solution and how it turned out. I'm assuming it would still work, but just be more likely to get air bubbles. I've used screen protectors in the past without an solutions, they are a pain to get on and are never perfect, but it wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking.

I would probably still apply some of the solution to my hands as they say, but I'm thinking about not spraying the actual protector.

I've already ordered my BodyGuardz and I'm waiting to find an iPod touch, so I'm hoping the protector will come first. But I'm just looking for some advice before applying.

Also, while on the subject of BodyGuardz, do you normally apply them after you have used the product first to make sure it works okay, or put it on right out of the box? I want to put it on ASAP to avoid any scratches, but really don't want to put it on only to find there is a problem and it needs to be returned.

Thanks!

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Good luck with that. :eek:

Seriously, not using any solution would be a HUGE mistake. But it sounds like you're going to find out for yourself - do us a big favor and post some pics when you're done - I'd LOVE to see how bad it looks. I'm not being sarcastic, either - I'm totally serious. I really want to see what it looks like ... :D

3. angels lust macrumors member

Unless you have a completely steady hand, a good eye, and are perfect, there is no way it will turn out as good as it would if you used the solution it comes with.

I'd recommend hooking it up and putting a song or video or something to make sure it works before you start putting on the BG.

4. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

Suck it up and use the solution.. it will turn out better in the end.

It'll be over quick:D

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Well considering the countless ipod, mac, and other gadget owners who use similar products with water solution- with no issues - perhaps your concern is a bit too...much.

I mean, I did the whole process multiple times, on ipods, AND my babied MBP. :p

6. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks... I guess I will give it a try. It just seems like putting liquid could result in the surface being affected down the road (not to mention liquids and electronics in general), but I trust that all the other people that have used BodyGuardz knows better than me.

I appreciate all your replies and will use the solution.

Thanks again!

7. Strategy macrumors member

Ive used these types of cases on my first gen nano, 5.5 gen video and 8GB touch with liquid and never had a problem.

If the water really ruined the surface or the iPod people would be screaming and the case makers would no longer be in business.

I think you are being a little too paranoid.

8. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks... I can pretty much guaratee that you are right. I get paranoid about these type things very easily. I tend to like to over analyze/research things. I wanted to buy a new camera a while back and researched it for so long that when I finally decided on a camera and bought it, I was almost dissapointed with what I had actually bought. I just need to chill :cool: a little bit and think things over a little less.

But, at the same time I actually bought an iPod Touch 1g about a month before the annoucement, because of my paranoia I felt I didn't research it enough before buying. So, despite three attempts, I never actually opened it and found out that the new iPods were going to be released. So, that was one time it actually helped me.

I realize now that if these things were causing problems you would hear about it everywhere... I'm going to use the solution to make sure I don't drive myself mad every day trying to squeeze all the little bubbles out. I will hope that while applying the protector I won't have a hard attack and drop the iPod Touch of the floor or something :eek:

I trust everyone and really appreciate all your answers. You have saved me a lot of hassel. I guess worse come to worse I would have just wasted one of the BodyGuardz, but not I've saved a good amount of time that I can spend enjoy my iPod touch instead!

Thanks again!