Anyone ever bought a Mazda with the S-Plan discount?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Oct 20, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My dad's looking to get a new Mazda 3. Fortunately, through my employer, I'm eligible for Ford discounts, which includes Mazda, what they call S-Plan pricing. Since we live in the same household, he can get the discount as long as I'm there and show proof of employment. So, has anyone bought a Mazda, Ford or other car under a similar discount plan? Is it really as easy as providing them the documentation, and getting the car at the discount price, which in the case of the 3, is invoice, no haggling, no heckling, no questions asked? Sounds almost too good to be true. Thanks

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

No experience with it specifically, but the -3 is hard to get at anything other than MSRP in a lot of places (which is still a decent value), so that would be a good deal. also, the -3 is the same platform as the Volvo S40, so it's a robust little car.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is true. My dad bought my car on Supplier discount and bought a few other cars that way.

All you have to do is supply them with the S-number and they give you a price.

This price is about as low to lower than you could haggle for. Really it is very simple. They take the number check it and call it good.

Fairly simple system and most dealership are pretty used to it and know what to do. They like it because they get paid more and you like it because you pay less.

Give you an idea some dealerships in certain areas sell 4 out of 5 cars on supplier discounts.

Very easy to do. Just get your father to get the S number from HR.

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Thanks. Glad it sounds that easy. I looked up invoice pricing on Edmunds and saw that it was the same as the S-Plan, so you really can't beat that.