All iPads Anyone ever break their iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Havok83, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Havok83 macrumors regular

and if so, what did you do about it?

After owning an Air for all of two months, mine broke last week after it fell out of my bag while walking down some steps. The entire front is shattered. Luckily for me, my credit card covers accidental damage within 90 days of purchase and was told I could buy a new one and they'll reimburse me. I got one but haven't really used it. Im doing my research and deciding on a new case that will protect it bc the one i had before did diddly squat

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

People either love or hate Otterbox. For protection it can't be beat but it adds weight and bulk. Everything in life has trade-offs.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been fortunate enough never to have this occur. I usually keep the iPad in my coat's inside pocket. I'm not sure what I'll do come Spring and summer when I go coat-less.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i have never dropped any of my iPads and i hope i never do because i know it will break.

5. chabig macrumors 68040

6. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

I crushed a 2 week old Air.

Then i went though hell to get the CC warranty to pay for the repair. I had purchased it using an original iPad as a trade in at Target. My receipt showed I used a $200 MC credit, Discover didn't like that. Lots of phone calls and emails and I got a check to cover repairs.

7. David58117 macrumors 65816

Squaretrade, 3 years with accidental for 130.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Otterbox Defender Series. Very nice case, in my opinion.

9. TribeFan1 macrumors regular

TribeFan1

I absolutely love my Otterbox Defender. I dropped it loading stuff in the car and the iPad had no damage. The clips on the otter box broke but $36 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new iPad. And their customer service is top notch, if anything even little goes wrong with the case they replace it

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I will pray it will not happen to my new Air even though I have an insurance. :apple:

11. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

My iPad must have fallen to the floor more than a dozen times. I leave it on my night stand, and the cats usually use the night stand as a step up for the window, pushing the iPad to the floor with their back legs as they jump. I've also tripped over the charging cable more than once (WHY DOESN'T IPAD HAVE MAGSAFE), causing it to crash some more.

But it never even so much as dented. I really like the build quality.

12. Capt T macrumors 6502a

What case did you have?