Anyone ever did this? Syn itunes on Bootcamp

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pectin232, Aug 5, 2010.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

I have several devices -2nd 3rd gen iTouch, Iphones 3, 4 and ipad. We have some PCs and laptops. I am trying to see if anyone ever sync a iTouch/ iPad on an iMac 27 using OSX and then syn another iTouch device or iPad in Bootcamp or Parallels [windows 7 or vista, etc...]. This is quite tricky and advanced not sure if anyone done this before or going to try it? How is the performance in this approach. As I am trying to get rid of some older aging PCs to Goodwill. Anyone can help? I can then give some of the older PCs and laptops to Goodwill to those that need PCs to help the poor or homeless. Some are P4 2.6GHZ and P5s but still some might find them useful for general internet browsing and online training..

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm not sure why you'd need to use bootcamp to sync to different iTunes libraries. You can copy the iTunes libraries from your PC to your Mac, then swap libraries as needed. Also, you can sync multiple iDevices to the same iTunes library, if you want to consolidate your libraries into one.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If consolidating the iTunes library from multiple sources is of interest, consider using Home Sharing to do so. From what I understand Home Sharing can only be set up between two computer simultaneously, if you want to transfer content from a 3rd you have to turn off Home Sharing on one of the other two.

4. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I copy and move the iTunes library to another PC. Do I copy the digital Assets as well to a Mac from the Windows 7 PC?? or the whole iTunes folder? Pls help

2. Is it possible to syn several iPods and iPads, iPhone 3-4.. problem is each device has different softwares and different address... [family friends, photos of kid's friends, wife's office staff nos, etc.. would it not corrupt it??? sorry newbie in this synch....

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

1. http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/

2. Yes, you can sync multiple iDevices to the same iTunes. You can pick and choose what you want to sync to each device. Addresses, I'd make separate groups for each family member -- your work contacts, your friends, wife's work contacts, wife's friends, kid's friends, etc. Then you can pick and choose which group to sync to which device. Same with photos, make separate albums for each person. Music, everyone gets their own playlists. Get the idea? :D