Anyone ever do those [snip] type sites

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bosox3, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

I recently signed up for one of those sites where you need referrals towards whatever free item you've signed up for...Iphone..PS3..Xbox360 elite..ect.
    I think it may be US and Canada residents only but not really sure.
    Has anyone here given those deals a try. I know theres many fakes out there but the ones I found are known to be legit.

2. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I was bored once an had a little gander at the term on a site like that, can't remember which one, but one of the terms was that you had to refer 8 friends who also met all the terms. Which would mean they each had to refer 8 friends, who in turn also had to refer 8 friends, who also referred... etc etc.

I didn't read the small print, but my impression was that if any of your referred friends didn't refer 8 other friends who did the same forever more, you wouldn't receive your free gift (I think they were offering a PS3).

So it'd basically be impossible to get your gift.

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Pyramid scheme
    and i hate em

besides i think they may be telling lies about get a free iPhone as they are out of stock almost everywhere:D

4. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I have done many of these sites (i got my fist ipod from one)...there used to be many more sites where you could get free stuff WITHOUT having to do referrals, but now every site i've seen is nearly impossible or not worth the cost of the offers...that said, about 3 years ago I got several free plasma tv's and several $2k, $1k, & $500 checks without having to do referrals (just lots of "offers")...so not all the sites are scams (i got most of my stuff from rewardsvenue.com & everyfreegift.com--i don't know if they even exist anymore)...i had $15k-$20k of extra income from these type of sites during that year...those were the days.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Around here, we got tired of them with the first free ipod pyramid scheme.

So we don't really pay lip service to any site.

Management got soo sick of them it was decided that soliciting people to work with you or including a referral link can get you a time-out or simply banned.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Because of the nature of these sites as mentioned above, we don't really allow discussion of them... just stay away from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.