Anyone ever experienced MacMall rebates process?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by twiceactive, May 31, 2009.

1. twiceactive macrumors newbie

I've mailed my from almost 3 weeks ago and I just check their rebates, they still say "We haven't received your rebate forms".

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it usually take for them to get this straight...

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Getting rebates from any company is often a big hassle. They easily 'lose' your paperwork, and since you're often required to send originals of stuff, you're screwed.

I never expect a rebate to work.

3. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

I've purchased all 3 of my Macs from MacMall, all 3 with rebates and received them all within the stated time.

4. twiceactive thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you ever use track rebates on their website? I'm wondering if they update that as soon as they got my paperwork or not.

I have talk to their representatives and they did not help me out as much but wait even though it has been almost 3 weeks and they still have yet to get my paperwork.

5. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

I never got into tracking the rebates on the web. I did keep copies of everything I sent in, just in case, but I never had to use them.

6. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

I've used MacMall for purchases a number of times and have submitted rebates. Any time I submitted and met all of their requirements, I received rebates as offered. I remember it taking a long time, though, but the check(s) would show up. I never bothered to track the process; I just waited.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

All of my MacMall purchases with rebates have worked out fine. Excluding that one of the printers I got stopped working after a couple weeks. But that was just luck of the draw defects...

8. twiceactive thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you everyone so much for the response.

I am going to wait for now.

9. SpitzerCR macrumors regular

I enjoyed this info I will prolly buy my next mac from macmall too