Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I have an iPhone 4 too, but the fact that it has a microSIM and my S2 Skyrocket has a standard SIM doesn't really help... Plus, the iPhone is falling apart.

Has anyone ever had a Palm Pixi? The Plus to be exact? I just want it as a backup phone because I have a lot of issues where my Skyrocket just dies on me for no apparent reason and I end up having to plug it somewhere to bring it back to life. I'd hate to be in the middle of nowhere and not have a communication device to use to call someone.

It seems to be the cheapest/nicest phone you can get (well, on eBay anyway) at this point that also has data. I know it's not the most updated webOS, but I just want it for calls and maybe maps.

xrey

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2003
Nevada
Palm Pixi Plus

I got mine from Amazon, and it was for Verizon network. You can also get the same phone unlocked for GSM-AT&T-TMobile. It's a great especially if you have a data plan. Like you said, not the greatest, but works for calls and has wi-fi for those with no data plan. Camera is not that great even with flash. I also ordered a not so slippery case and some screen protector since it's a touch screen phone. I haven't changed the screen protector because the one that came with the phone works well. For the price you can buy two and keep it as back up for when your phone dies. I'd recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.