Anyone ever had to use eBay Buyer Protection?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SteelBlueTJ, Sep 29, 2012.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I bought an item on eBay and it wasn't as described. If I file a claim through ebay's buyer protection and they refund me the money after all the steps are completed, does the money come directly from eBay themselves or do they somehow force the seller to give refund? I don't want to cause problems for the seller but I'm stuck with something I can't use now. If I go through with this will the seller get penalized at all, even if it was an honest mistake?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Contact the seller first and make an attempt to get it resolved. If the seller refuses to help you out then get in touch with ebay. They'll ask you for proof, they'll make a decision, and refund your money if they think you're in the right.

3. SteelBlueTJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea but does the money come from ebay or from the seller?

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If ebay determines you're in the right, they refund the money you previously paid to the seller.
    If they're not able to refund that money, ebay refunds the money then goes after the seller via legal or collection means.

5. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I did in 2010, It was handled in a very short period of time. I got the full amount back, no problems.:)

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I smell a scam brewing.