Anyone ever handwrite a pre-sign release for UPS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by viachicago22, Apr 23, 2015.

1. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

I know it may sound silly but I figured I'd ask...I don't have a printer and didn't have access to one today so I wrote out the pre-sign release word for word and am going to leave it on my door tomorrow. I assume it won't be an issue, but you know what they say about assuming... Anyone ever do this in the past?

2. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

3. LiemTa macrumors regular

Just authorize the release on the tracking page.

4. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I haven't done it for an Apple product, but I've done it many times for packages from other companies. UPS has never given me any trouble with it.

I'm really quite glad it's coming UPS - they seem to honor presigns whereas FedEx never does.

5. jediuia macrumors regular

I've signed for a iPad Air 2 recently with a sticky note, worked fine.

6. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I think it has to do with the driver,The reason I say this is because one time I left a sticky note and the driver left the package and on UPS it had that it was signed by the name I left on the sticky note. Then another time I needed to sign for something I left the sticky note,Got home and had a "Sorry we missed you" note from UPS and on that note it said something along the lines that a person must sign for the package and a signature on a paper would not be accepted. Moral of the story just sign the waiver on the Apple page to waive signature.

7. viachicago22 thread starter macrumors 6502

viachicago22

8. techedude macrumors regular

I work for UPS and can confirm that a hand written note will not be accepted. You MUST have the Apple Form printed out and signed. There is absolutely no exception for Apple Deliveries.

9. viachicago22 thread starter macrumors 6502

viachicago22

Even if it's word for word and signed eh? Okay, thanks. Better make alternative plans.

10. techedude macrumors regular

It has to be the printed page from the website. Please trust me on this. I would hate for the driver to laugh at your paper and walk away without delivery.

11. viachicago22 thread starter macrumors 6502

viachicago22

Thanks man, made sure someone could sign for it!

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Not a choice with the apple watch. I think this is the first package I have had like that. I wonder if they would even take a note.