Anyone ever installed a full body invisibleSHIELD?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by frozencarbonite, Jun 17, 2009.

1. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I definitely want to have an invisible shield on my iPhone. I installed one a few years ago on my 80GB iPod. The best "case" ever. It really allows the device to look the way it was intended to. It took me a few tries to get it how I wanted it.

Has anyone installed a full body invisibleSHIELD on an iPhone 3G themselves? And if so, how did it go? My biggest concern is the moisture. I know you don't have to drown the shield in solution, but still makes me nervous.

I wish we had one of those kiosks in the mall. Best Buy will install them for you, but I don't know how much I trust them to do it.

2. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

That thing is a B**** to apply. It literally took 2-3 hours to apply because the stinking corners wouldn't stay down. I then decided to take it off a couple of weeks because it felt weird, and looked weird. It also started to peel, and I did NOT wanna get a new one to apply...AGAIN...

3. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

4. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I put it on my 16gb about a month ago, then the phone froze up about 2 weeks later. Im not saying that that was a coincidence, since the phone was JB'nd, but who knows. Anyways...it was def a $#!~% to put on. I had the same issues with the corners, and decided to snip a little piece off, since it didnt matter cause I had a silicon case on it as well. The screen does look a little different after, and the feel is different as well, but Im going to put it on the new replacement I got.

5. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

It's definitely was a hassle to put on for my original iPhone, but it doesn't sound like I had as difficult a time as some had on here. The corners were tough, but eventually stayed down. It's worked fine for about a year and a half now.

I'll likely be putting on another invisibleSHIELD on Friday afternoon. However, I'm thinking about just using it for the body and the sides. I don't think I'll be putting a skin on the oleophobic screen.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have installed over 20 of these films, they aren't that hard. You have to be patient....very patient.

Personally I think Invisible Shield cuts kind of suck and they peel off over time. Instead you should go with Best Skin Ever, the way they cut the skins stays on much longer, and it's FAR cheaper.

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I have done a couple now, do the back first then the front. Take your time with it, and be sure you use alot of liquid, the more spray the more time you have to shift it around to make it straight. The skin feels more grippy compared to bare, you get used to it, especially the orange peel effect, which isn't noticeable when actually using the iPhone. Lining up the back piece is quite hard.

Good Luck

8. missadri macrumors newbie

I watched a youtube video showing an installation. I guess patience is key and using a lot of solution works. I also saw that in order to get the corners to stay and mold the guy put a thick rubberband around the phone to hold the corners down until they set. Pretty clever.
    Good luck I want one as well but I have poor vision so I'm looking for someone with experience with them to install mine.

9. noneother macrumors member

I bought two.. ended up throwing out my first attempt on the wife's 3Gs.. went and bought case.. I put on many a shield on out original 2G iphones.. they were good AND easy.. this one, SUCKED.. don't know if they're cutting back on quality or what.. lotsa mess under this application.. maybe the solution (liquid) is worse..