Anyone ever notice?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mackage, Apr 8, 2011.

1. mackage macrumors 6502

.....that the MBP forum here is so much busier than the iMac forum? That really just goes to show how much more popular the MBP is to the iMac. I considered buying an iMac previously but heard all the what seemed to be 50 different potential issues you could have with it.

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ignore the issues. People only come to forums to complain and you never hear from the thousands of satisfied people. Not to mention I bet money that half of the "issues" aren't even issues they are trolls posting things.

3. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

what is this troll you speak of? ive heard many people mention this but idk what you refer to it as..lol sorry :D

4. room271 macrumors member

Yeah - the MBP are more popular than the iMacs, but it is also because the iMacs are just coming up to a refresh so people are holding off buying at the moment.

As soon as they get updated I guess a lot of people will a) buy them and b) start asking questions about their new computers in the iMac forum.

5. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I thought it was a gnome.

:cool:

6. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

buy it you get your 1 year apple warranty and the option to have 3 more years total of 4 years to be safe. So why worry ever.:rolleyes:

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, the Applecare extended plan extends coverage up to 3 years... not an additional 3 years.

8. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I find that over the last couple of years laptops in general have become more popular than desktops. Mainly because you can now have very close to the same computing power and storage in something that is portable. It has nothing to do with problems with the iMac. Like someone else mentioned people come on forums to complain or look for help and its a very small percentage of owners. I am sure there are just as many issue threads with macbooks as there are with iMacs.

9. mackage thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe the issues I have read are real issues.

Yellowing screen, smoke screen, uncleanable dust around CPU, dust behind glass, etc.

I am not sure why the "trolls" you speak of would pick on the iMac and not the others.

My point really was that the iMac forum really is dead, and this one never seems to be. Even before the new release this forum wasn't dead like the iMac forum.

10. briand05 macrumors 6502

I've seen the yellowing on many of the display iMacs in various stores, it's usually really bad on the 21.5" models.