Anyone ever order from AppleDOD?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellodon, Dec 2, 2009.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

First of all - this is in no way a cheap plug for this website. I'm actually sketched out that they're not legit and I'm wondering if anyone here has ever ordered/received their stuff.

My friend found this site the other day, they showed an iPhone case that I've never seen before. It looked just like the back of an iPhone with the logos and everything so I ordered a few. Since that day the site has completely changed from a 1 product deal of the day site, to a store with cheap cases and a new logo and the item I ordered isnt on the site anymore.

I emailed them to ask if the cases really had the graphic printed on it like that (or if it was just there to show that it was for the iPhone) and I asked when my order would ship. I have not heard back from them at all in a week now. Tried them again earlier today and I get an automated response that says they'll respond within 24 hours...the same auto-response I received the other day with no response.

So yeah, just curious if anyone has ordered from here before and if it is legit or if I should file a claim with PayPal to get my money back.

2. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

You should not have checked those out . . . Those are sure scam stuff . . . would be very hard for you to get your money back . . .

3. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

Its like 25.00 so I'm not TOO concerned if I lose the money but...I'm concerned that I used PayPal to checkout. It definitely DID go to the secure paypal site upon checkout but I just changed my password just in case. I can file a paypal dispute that they'll have to respond to so I think if it comes down to it I can get my money back...

How do you know for sure that its a scam site? I went through the FAQ after posting here and it sorta does seem legit, the deal of the day has changed daily, and the copy makes sense....it now says 10-20 days for delivery which is ridiculous. But they ship as cheap as possible because its free shipping. I just would like SOME sort of response out of them...

Looks like they have a Twitter but it hasnt been updated since Black Friday... http://twitter.com/appledod

I dunno what to think....

4. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

You bought iPhone cases from a website that "sorta seems legit" and you expect a good outcome?

And how exactly would a FAQ section of a website (that is completely controlled by the owner of said website) even begin to convince you that their site is not a scam?

My guess is "AppleDOD" stands for "Apple Dead On Delivery".

I see an "I got scammed!!" thread in your near future. Good luck.:rolleyes:

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Did you check to see if their "about" page gave real information? A phone number? A street address?

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

shouldn't be such a big deal since you're not too concern about it. but thanks for letting us know :]

7. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

The best you could come up with in an attempt to be witty was "dead on delivery"? Its not an electronic... its a case...how would it arrive "dead"? Plus delivery was all I was concerned about so if "delivery" is part of the plan then that's good.

I'm not going to make an "I got scammed" thread...I was simply asking if anyone had ordered from this place....either someone will have a success story and I can know that my stuff will arrive, or this thread will be a warning so that others don't order from the site, either way there was absolutely no need to be all stupid and snotty with me.

8. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Well...you see...

Eh, you're right. The "Dead On Delivery" was pretty pathetic.

However, at this point you should hope for the best but DEFINITELY plan for the worst.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10-12 days for shipping isn't too bad. Woot takes about 2 weeks for delivery and I've had no problems.

Of course that's not an indication of the legitimacy of this site.

I'm pretty sure the DOD stands for Deal Of the Day.

10. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think I have like 60 days to file a PayPal claim...so if it really comes down to it I'll try to get my money back. I'm going to at least wait it out for the shipping time and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it ends up being ******** AND I can't get my money back at least I'm not out hundreds of dollars and we can add it to the list of places to NOT shop online. We'll see! Their communication is definitely awful, that's for sure!

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

my guess

is they are in China cases and shipping from there, they are ultra cheap you can find decent cases for cheap as $1 or $2 bucks. some of them are really nice cases. Also I would be concerned with any website that only has a email address to contact them unless I knew they were trust worthy and had a proven track record. I use ebay to shop for my cheap china cases lol. btw way I am guessing also you are talking about cases like these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Color-Hard-B...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item414b223520

12. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

Those are EXACTLY what I want. Damn...might have to order them

So-heard back from this place today and I can't tell if that's what I'm getting or not. They refunded half of my money for the delayed response...and said I'm getting hard plastic cases, didn't really answer my question about the logo being printed on them just said "they are generic"

The pic looked like the link above, so I hope that's what arrives but it sounds like they may end up being blank... hope not but Whatever

verdict: avoid this place...

13. Manasdfrewq macrumors newbie

It took a very long time for me to get my case. It wasn't worth it IMO.

I ordered a case and it has been 3 weeks then I email their support team. And got an auto repond. But no real respond. After a month and a half and 2 more email and still no respond. I finally reported to paypal to get my money back. Another 2 week has passed because paypal has to wait for merchant to repond. And right when I was going to get my money back it was at my house.

So if you o order from the make sure paypal or your credit card will back you up. And make sure you have a long wait time. The case I order looks cool in the picture but it was so crappy and cheap I'm not even using.

The case I got was the 3GS case that looks like a demon. The case covered the sensor of the phone. So the phone things it's always night time. Boo for cheap case.

14. patcollins1 macrumors newbie

appledod - total scam site

I ordered screen protectors for my iphone. Total was like 10.00. I never received the product. I sent them 3 emails over 2 weeks asking for them to rectify the situation and other than the standard electronic reply saying a real person would contact me I got no response. First and last time I buy anything from this site. another thing that happened to me. I'm not sure if this was because of this site a web site called MyPoints cleaned out my bank account sending a bunch of stuff that I never ordered. The reason I believe this happened also because of appledod is that This happened not too long after I orderfed the screen savers and this was the only new site that I bought something from in probably 6 months. I love DOD sites but I normally stick to woot,tanga,dailydeal . Sites that I've alwasy been satisfied and never had an issue. If you order anything from DOD you're throwing your money away. Pat